Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Phoenix, AZ - Agua Fria Freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
some people aren't too good at lernin'. And some have no money to go to school, but this thread is getting off topic.

Wow. You just insulted 1.5 million people working at Walmart and I guess another 20 million working at fast food restaurants, gas stations, etc.

Almost everyone can do more than stock shelves with Chinese products. Most people are far more intelligent than they even know.

The federal Pell grant will pay for almost anyone to go to school. And there are SO many programs for poor people to go to school or get job training. I can afford to own a Tesla and shockingly, my wife didn't pay a dime to go back to college (she was a stay at home mom for 18 years).

People can do better than Walmart and fast food. But as long as we give them welfare and Earned Income Credit, why would they? We subsidize Walmart with tax dollars. That is pathetic.

Someone disagreed? What d......ss thinks that it's better for people to work at Walmart for what will always be a low end , poverty-stricken job versus getting educated or trained to do a job that pays three times more, and actually produces a product or service instead of selling imported products?

I beg you, please, post why you disagree - I gotta hear this ****!
You posted a way off-topic political rant in a thread about the supercharger in NW Phoenix and you are surprised that someone gave you a thumbs down?

Here now. The map is showing “Reduced Service,” but only 3A and 3B are down. All the other stations appear to be operational.

Attachments

• E64E7681-4488-40E2-B46C-D780BAF4CBDF.jpeg
    E64E7681-4488-40E2-B46C-D780BAF4CBDF.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 896321CC-33F4-4223-B0DE-6792B6B149E5.jpeg
    896321CC-33F4-4223-B0DE-6792B6B149E5.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: wang5150
Awesome! I have a trip planned to Phoenix in May to visit family, and I wasn’t able to find a hotel with a destination charger nearby. Was dreading having to deal with Level 2 charging at the various grocery stores in the area (since Chademo doesn’t work on the 3 yet). But this supercharger is only a few miles away, so it will make the trip way easier!

Reactions: yngwiescruggs
Awesome! I have a trip planned to Phoenix in May to visit family, and I wasn’t able to find a hotel with a destination charger nearby. Was dreading having to deal with Level 2 charging at the various grocery stores in the area (since Chademo doesn’t work on the 3 yet). But this supercharger is only a few miles away, so it will make the trip way easier!

If for some reason this charger is down while you're here, the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort isn't far from there and has a couple Tesla chargers. I've used them in emergency situations and they don't mind at all; I've never seen another Tesla charging there, actually. There's a great place for lunch nearby too if you don't need a full charge.

I've found that there are a significant number of chargers in Phoenix that aren't on Plugshare/etc... many of them are at apartment complexes that advertise them as usable by residents but that don't mind someone else using them if needed.

• Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael
Also, depending on which part of town you are in, there are relatively new SCs at the Scottsdale Quarter in Scottsdale (Just east of the Scottsdale Airport). Lots of shops and hotels nearby.

If you want to book at The Clarendon - my hotel - I'll tell you where you can plug in for free... only with prior permission, but I'll provide that for you as a hotel guest... we might have destination chargers, but for now it's a 50a charger port.

If you want to book at The Clarendon - my hotel - I'll tell you where you can plug in for free... only with prior permission, but I'll provide that for you as a hotel guest... we might have destination chargers, but for now it's a 50a charger port.

Thanks for the offer, however the family I am visiting lives in north Glendale in the neighborhoods off of W Bell. So we are staying closer to them.

Such an interesting name for it - I'd call it "Phoenix North - I-17 and SR-101" since the freeway name for that segment may change from 75th Ave to Pima (proposal in discussion to name after an individual)... right now the 101 has three segments: Agua Fria, Pima (which starts just east of the supercharger), Price. Plus it makes it sound like it's near the Agua Fria river, but that's lesser known. Can't wait until the 303 starts moving east of I-17 and over to Rio Verde and then down south - in early planning stages, but follow Google Earth and you can see that land 'reserved' in areas. Then there's the 505 (or Sun Valley Parkway, west of the White Tanks, but I-11 could change that a bit), and the expansion of SR-51, which is now something like Black Mtn Blvd up to a Lone Mountain SR-303 interchange... and the 143 could one day continue to Indian School, and maybe Camelback, but too much neighborhood opposition there. I've been involved in transportation planning since the mid-80s, during the Valtrans days lol... but was also a Maricopa County Transportation Commissioner for District 5 for a few years. They're always looking at new roads to stay employed...

Back on to topic...

At any rate, this Supercharger station at I-17 and 101 is awesome... now we can stop at In-n-Out (which is never in and out, last time it was 40 minutes in line ugh) and then go charge. Or better yet, we'll just charge, then pop our segways out of the hidden trunk in the back (two segways fit perfectly in that area!) and then ride and get food and then go back to the car.

If anyone starts reporting charging rates, let me know... is there an app that shows charging rates for the different charging ports? TeslaCockpit is a new app (to me) that shows the rates that other users are charging at, which charging stalls seem better, etc. Here in Flagstaff, it's 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b that are about 75kw, the others are around 48kw... rarely do we get above 75....

Take care! Now we'll start watching Biltmore, and the downtown pin - very curious about that. Oh, also Tesla emailed me today about installing dest chargers at The Clarendon Hotel, so stay tuned there.

Ben

Supercharger on PlugShare as « Phoenix Agua Fria »