Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakdale, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the photos from Tuesday, they've pulled fat wire through the conduit shown and moved the safety signs all to one side. There's still no enclosure or sign of the actual supercharger hardware as of this afternoon. I have been coordinating an opening celebration with Hy-Vee, so please join https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/groups/97/forums and be up-to-date on the celebration. At present, there is no date set, but the general manager has shown support and will contact me when he has a date identified. Please remember the sequence includes construction followed by certification, and then HyVee may well want to involve their corporate marketing department.

Since the photos from Tuesday, they've pulled fat wire through the conduit shown and moved the safety signs all to one side. There's still no enclosure or sign of the actual supercharger hardware as of this afternoon. I have been coordinating an opening celebration with Hy-Vee, so please join https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/groups/97/forums and be up-to-date on the celebration. At present, there is no date set, but the general manager has shown support and will contact me when he has a date identified. Please remember the sequence includes construction followed by certification, and then HyVee may well want to involve their corporate marketing department.

Hey, I'm all for coordinating with Hy Vee's marketing dept. It would be great to see a whole bunch of Tesla's at the charger surrounded by whatever promotional shtick Hy Vee comes up with. We could probably even make the evening news if it's on a weekend.

I am reading the Future Minnesota Supercharger Sites forum and the MN Plug In Vehicle Owners page on Facebook, and they show pictures of the new transformer that appeared today. The meter is still missing. Hopefully that will go in soon. I'm going to be near there on Sunday and Monday August 14/15. It would be nice to be able to plug in!

I am reading the Future Minnesota Supercharger Sites forum and the MN Plug In Vehicle Owners page on Facebook, and they show pictures of the new transformer that appeared today. The meter is still missing. Hopefully that will go in soon. I'm going to be near there on Sunday and Monday August 14/15. It would be nice to be able to plug in!
Bob,
Thanks for the update. I don't think they will be finished by then. The enclosure needs to be built. the city needs to send out an inspector. Couple more weeks is my guess.

The Oakdale Supercharger is LIVE. I charged my Model X 90D there last night (August 16th) between 5:15 and 6:30. The amperage from the Supercharger automatically cycled down from over 210 amps due to the inclement weather (rain, frequent lightning).

At the time I was charging, my onboard navigation map listed the site with the designation: 57 St. Paul, MN 55128. This designation also appeared in the Visited Chargers tab under PLACES. However, in the Superchargers tab, no such location or designation was listed, nor was there any listing specifically titled: Oakdale Supercharger.

oakdale_minnesota.jpg
teslafly2016.jpg
teslaglow2016.jpg
teslatower2016.jpg

2016-08-16 18.03.04.jpg

Reactions: Cgen
Did anyone charge there lately? Last Friday I arrived to MSP airport and found a charge too low to get me back home (110 miles, I estimated I need ~125 mi for a safe comfortable travel). Instead of plugging in at the airport L2 charger I decided to go to Oakdale. It was not too cold (~25F), and by the time I arrived in Oakdale I had 80 rated miles remaining, and the battery was warm already (~15 miles drive from MSP). Much to my surprise, the first stall started charging at ~15 KWh and slowly increased to 20 KWh. I switched to a second stall and , and very slowly the charge ramped up from 15 kWh to a high of 60 kWh. This is much lower than my previous experience at SC elsewhere - I usually see ~90-100 KWh at this level of battery charge. I would be curious to find out other experiences - it is ~80 miles to home, I sure hope Tesla is not limiting the charge because it considers it too close to home.....