Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakhurst, CA (LIVE Feb 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you really move your car after mistakenly backing in when there was so little usage going on? It's not only the norm, but you are less likely to hit the posts if you back in. I'm totally expecting to catch one or the other when I have to pull in between those, and really worry how tight a fit those will be for the CyberTruck.

Would you really move your car after mistakenly backing in when there was so little usage going on?
I mean, I would, because I'd not be able to stomach leaving my car hanging out in the middle of the aisle like that for some smart-ass knob to take a picture of and post on TMC. ;)

I agree with the point - it's dead in Oakhurst right now and myself and this young fellow were the only two cars in the whole lot. No big thing. But worth a laugh. :)

My wife is a County Supervisor in Mariposa County, and she has been getting frequent reports of Teslas navigating to The Mariposa Grove in Yosemite being sent up White Chief Mountain Road which turns into Star Lake Road, a non-maintained Forest Service dirt road where they get lost as it does not connect to the Mariposa Grove.

We have documented this behavior that arises if one tells the nav system, “Navigate to Mariposa Grove”, or “Navigate to Mariposa Grove, Yosemite National Park”, from the Oakhurst area, or other areas west of Yosemite. While the nav system starts by directing you correctly up Highway 41, unfortunately drivers are then directed to turn onto White Chief Mountain Road in Fish Camp, instead of continuing on Highway 41 to the Park entrance and then to the Mariposa Grove parking lot.

White Chief Mountain Road in Fish Camp starts as a narrow, paved road that leads through several clusters of cabins, but then turns into a non-maintained Forest Service dirt road where the cars ultimately get lost and can and have gotten nasty with the locals that try and help them out.

When one searches on Mariposa Grove in Google Maps, one sees several choices including “Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias” and “Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza” where the parking area is located. Telling the car’s nav system to Navigate to “Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza” or “Mariposa Grove Parking” takes one correctly up Highway 41 to the Park entrance and then to the parking lot where one can catch a shuttle bus to the Grove itself. BTW, if you navigate in Google Maps to “Mariposa Grove” it gets it more or less right, while the car does not.

My wife has passed this information to Tesla with examples of how the car’s nav system and Google Maps differ in their routing as she is continuing to get reports that Teslas are getting lost on White Chief Mountain Road on a regular basis. This is a cause of frustration for both the drivers and the locals that try and help them out. Hopefully Tesla can fix this.

In the meantime, if you are going to Mariposa Grove in Yosemite in a Tesla, remember to navigate to “Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza” and save yourself some time and hassle, and if you do get lost, don’t blame the locals!