Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakland, CA - 2nd Street (LIVE 22 Nov 2020, 12 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
What: New 12 stall Urban Supercharger to be built in Jack London Market Garage (next door to the Amtrak station).
Address: 255 2nd St, Oakland, CA 94607
GPS: 37.794153, -122.272578

Oakland building permit records # B1904081 and E1902522, description: "Install 12 EV charging stations. Utility transformer, 1 switchgear , 6 supercharger cabinets, & 12 supercharger posts for commercial bldg."

The permits were issued on 2019-10-01.

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

Finally! People can stop clogging the Alameda Supercharger which is WAY off the highway. With the other Oakland Supercharger both sides, both entrances to the island will have their own Superchargers.

I wonder if this site will get the batteries and the Solar Awning BEFORE Alameda, which actually was active during the PG&E outages that Elon referred to when promising these accoutrements. Guess, Alameda isn't supplied by PG&E, so probably not.

• Funny
Reactions: Blu Zap
planned Opera Parking Supercharger location
If you have evidence that a Supercharger will be built at the SF Opera House let’s start a thread on it. Did you find a permit application?

Note that on the Tesla website “Find Us” map showing future Supercharger locations (the grey pins) those locations are not exact and never have been.

If you have evidence that a Supercharger will be built at the SF Opera House let’s start a thread on it. Did you find a permit application?

Note that on the Tesla website “Find Us” map showing future Supercharger locations (the grey pins) those locations are not exact and never have been.
That's the SF location at 601 Van Ness, here's the existing thread. The garage where those are going to go is part of a shopping center called Opera Plaza.

Went by today to see if there was any construction, I didn't see anything. The parking garage had the roof roped off, so they could be building it there. Hopefully, they don't ding people for charging like some of the other parking garage superchargers in California. I was just in and out and was not charged.

Also, I was heading from Berkeley to the Fruitvale exit and was able to get off at the Jackson St. exit and it was super easy to get to the garage. When I left the car routed me thru the Alameda tube, but the street didn't go thru. Someone will need to use OpenStreetMap and fix the information for future Tesla drivers. But when I hit the wall I was able to turn right and that took me straight back on the freeway southbound. Next time I'll try to visit when I am going north and see if it's just as easy.

If anyone is interested it appears that the OpenStreetMap.org data is set up in such a way that when you leave the garage it thinks you are turning onto the street that runs thru the Posey Tube. The surface street is directly above according to the map data. Not sure how to handle situations where two streets are located DIRECTLY above one another.

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 4.19.12 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Went by today to see if there was any construction, I didn't see anything. The parking garage had the roof roped off, so they could be building it there.
I was passing by last night and was able to scope the whole complex (though not the electrical rooms which aren't publicly accessible), including the roof. No signs of any construction nor even anything to make me think work might be imminent. Maybe they are waiting to totally finish the Hegenberger Rd. supercharger before doing anything here? I sort of doubt it, but you never know. More likely it's just Tesla being Tesla or the location hit some snag after the permits were issued in October which is still holding up the works.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap and israndy
It's on the SECOND floor. I ended up paying for having entered just because I drove to the roof trying to find any Superchargers. It wasn't until I was almost down that I came across them on the backside of the ramp:

IMG_1637.jpeg
IMG_1636.jpeg
IMG_1635.jpeg
IMG_1638.jpeg

I guess I should have plugged in since this style of chargers don't have lights. Didn't wanna rip off the protective bags though.

Who are those people that always get @'d when there are changes needed to Supercharge.info? This thread needs to be renamed to Under Construction. Probably open by next weekend, oh, today's Friday.

Edit: Found 'em... @BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP, thanks for the info below Marco

Last edited:
Thanks for checking Randy!! The people tagged (incl. me and @Chuq) are editors on Supercharge Info, so we update the site accordingly. Unfortunately, I only have my phone on me right now so I can’t update :(

Reactions: Pluto
It's on the SECOND floor. I ended up paying for having entered just because I drove to the roof trying to find any Superchargers. It wasn't until I was almost down that I came across them on the backside of the ramp:

View attachment 576412 View attachment 576413 View attachment 576414 View attachment 576415

I guess I should have plugged in since this style of chargers don't have lights. Didn't wanna rip off the protective bags though.

Who are those people that always get @'d when there are changes needed to Supercharge.info? This thread needs to be renamed to Under Construction. Probably open by next weekend, oh, today's Friday.

If you park close enough, see if you can press the button on the SC handle.. If the door opens--there is some power?

If I was THAT close I would have just plugged in.

On the way home last night from finally trying the new Opera Plaza Supercharger I thought I would try plugging into the Jack London Oakland Supercharger. But when I got to the parking structure before midnight the gates were closed and locked. That's gonna be interesting for Supercharger users who get there a little late, how do people who are a little late get OUT?