Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakland, CA - 2nd Street (LIVE 22 Nov 2020, 12 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• CA-Superchargers.jpg
    CA-Superchargers.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 86
I think your math is a bit out.
For comparison, here's the history of California's station open rate:
upload_2020-11-23_13-12-23.png

Separately, Canada had a record 28 stations opened in December of last year and the US had a record 24 stations opened in February of this year. The US is at 26 this month so far and is close to breaking both records (which are the top 2 records for stations opened in a single month in a single country, except maybe China).

Reactions: MarcoRP
Do I have to pay to get into parking garage to charge and pay again to charge if I have unlimited free supercharging?
Bruce gave the right answer to your question as written, but I'm going to assume that you dropped a word in there and you meant to say that you don't have free supercharging. In that case, Yes, you pay the garage on exit for accessing/using the garage and Tesla bills you for the electricity. This is how it works in every location where superchargers are in pay lots/garages.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
I have been there several times and most of the time the gate to exit is just open. I assume they have specific hours, but I haven't researched them. Also, the times I have visited and the gate was down it opened when I put the ticket back in and didn't request money. Perhaps because it was before the supercharger opened and I wasn't in there very long, another thing that could be researched to find out how long you can be inside w/o charge.

I have been there several times and most of the time the gate to exit is just open. I assume they have specific hours, but I haven't researched them. Also, the times I have visited and the gate was down it opened when I put the ticket back in and didn't request money. Perhaps because it was before the supercharger opened and I wasn't in there very long, another thing that could be researched to find out how long you can be inside w/o charge.
2DAA2893-FCED-414C-A101-676B2120B531.jpeg

Arrived at this SC at 2AM Saturday night with low SoC only to find that the garage was locked. WTF Tesla? Why does the interactive map in the car not tell users that a particular SC is not available? Do they not understand that being able to access a given SC is mission critical. All these years and I continue to shake my head at how messed-up Tesla is in this department.

Tesla -- Please do not put any SC in locations that can be closed by a third party. There should be zero exceptions to this rule. Either there is a SC or there is not.

Yes I was able to get to the other Oakland SC. I never time it that close because -- surprise -- I do not trust Tesla at all in this regard. I don't even use SC that often and I have run into closed or inaccessible chargers multiple times. I don't get why they can't fix this simple issue. And no, the display did not indicate that anything was out of order. I had looked at it earlier in the evening and I thought I saw that people were actively charging.

Ah, found it at his GitHub, too hard to figure out, it's written in GO, instead I just added a line from the Teslapy example code to my own and got it to spit out the population at the 4 local chargers. Won't do it every minute, Tesla complains, but it does it every 3, so I think 5 minutes is frequent enough to get a sense for times the chargers are full or empty. Now I need to work on it populating a spreadsheet instead of standard out.