Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakland, CA - 2nd Street (LIVE 22 Nov 2020, 12 urban stalls)

pb2000

Dec 22, 2019
Calgary

Attachments

• CA-Superchargers.jpg
    CA-Superchargers.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 18

Pluto

is a Planet
Nov 17, 2015
Auburn, AL
I think your math is a bit out.
For comparison, here's the history of California's station open rate:
upload_2020-11-23_13-12-23.png

Separately, Canada had a record 28 stations opened in December of last year and the US had a record 24 stations opened in February of this year. The US is at 26 this month so far and is close to breaking both records (which are the top 2 records for stations opened in a single month in a single country, except maybe China).

Reactions: MarcoRP

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Looking at the under-construction sites it doesn't seem like there will be many more opened in the remaining days this month. They were probably all trying to open by T-Day.

pb2000

Dec 22, 2019
Calgary
Half the cones on the supercharge.info map in California seem to be stuck at the waiting on PGE/SCE stage, so a few more could eek through before EOD Monday, or just as easily slip into 2021.

bmah

Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums
Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
Do I have to pay to get into parking garage to charge and pay again to charge if I have unlimited free supercharging?

In your case, you just pay for the parking. (Technically you pay before you exit the garage...the same as any non-Tesla driver would do.)

Bruce.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Do I have to pay to get into parking garage to charge and pay again to charge if I have unlimited free supercharging?
Bruce gave the right answer to your question as written, but I'm going to assume that you dropped a word in there and you meant to say that you don't have free supercharging. In that case, Yes, you pay the garage on exit for accessing/using the garage and Tesla bills you for the electricity. This is how it works in every location where superchargers are in pay lots/garages.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I have been there several times and most of the time the gate to exit is just open. I assume they have specific hours, but I haven't researched them. Also, the times I have visited and the gate was down it opened when I put the ticket back in and didn't request money. Perhaps because it was before the supercharger opened and I wasn't in there very long, another thing that could be researched to find out how long you can be inside w/o charge.

J95630

Nov 26, 2020
Folsim
I have been there several times and most of the time the gate to exit is just open. I assume they have specific hours, but I haven't researched them. Also, the times I have visited and the gate was down it opened when I put the ticket back in and didn't request money. Perhaps because it was before the supercharger opened and I wasn't in there very long, another thing that could be researched to find out how long you can be inside w/o charge.
2DAA2893-FCED-414C-A101-676B2120B531.jpeg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC