Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the supercharger last Friday. Had no problems. The retail / shopping portion of the location is still being developed, and there are only a couple of options for food -Mimi's Cafe adjacent to the SC station, and a Panera Bread restaurant a 5 minute walk to the East. We had our dog with us, so only had Panera as an option (Mimi's has outdoor seating, but only allows service dogs. For some reason they didn't believe my yorkie was a seeing eye dog....). Also, I noticed no public restroom facilities other than in restaurants or shops nearby. Finally, and I know this is minor, there are no trash bins anywhere near the SC stations.

Hopefully the above will change as more food options are added to the development. For now, if you do not want to walk too far from the SC or if you want fast food, drive through one of the several spots between I-75 and the SC location before you park and plug in.

I drove from Ocala to Tallahassee via SR-27 into Chiefland and then up 19 to Tallahassee. Started with 245 miles and arrived with 50 miles. Range anxiety? Nope. Because of a lack of sufficient destination charging in Tallahassee, came back to Tampa via the Lake City SC. FYI, the hotel I stay at in Tallahassee is actively working on installing 2 HPWC units and j1772 unit. Construction has not yet started, but the manager told me their electrician already is working with Tesla re installation requirements. The hotel is a Homewood Suites on Appalachee Parkway. (For you budget minded folks, there is also a Hampton Inn at the same site. The manager with the information is Ashley. If you have any future plans to travel to Tallahassee, you might want to check with her re status of the chargers. I will be up there a couple of more times this year for football games and will update this forum with any progress.

Last edited:
I stopped in at Mimi's twice over the weekend. Food was very good and reasonable. Service was poor even when I was the only patron and there were about ten wait staff walking around! Fortunately I wasnt in a big hurry since I was charging.

The Florida Tesla Enthusiasts held a luncheon "Meet-up" at Mimi's restaurant to unofficially open the Ocala supercharger this past Saturday, December 6th. We had 26 people and 11 Teslas in attendance. Mimi's is just across the parking lot from the SC and has offered all Tesla owners who present their key fob, a 10% discount on meals. Thanks, Mimi!

Lawsteve was the official photographer and may be able to post some group pictures.

Here's a shot of the well occupied SC during the event:

OcalaSCaerial.jpg

The link below is to a 360 degree pano of the area around the picture above in case you're interested in seeing what's nearby. Give it a while to load and then use the buttons at the bottom to go full screen and your cursor to drag in any direction. Works sort of like Street View.

http://tinyurl.com/n3uzfpk

Hi all we have a new addition to the Ocala supercharger area , its a Japanese steak house called EDO Japanese Steak House, about 100ft from the chargers. I went there tonight and they had just open today, they are doing what they called a soft opening their grand opening will be in Nov. when they get the liquor license. its a big clean place inside, and they will give a 10% discount with a Tesla key. nice people.
Dave