TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

Discussion in 'Florida' started by airj1012, Aug 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

2. arg

arg Supporting Member

3. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

Luckily it was on the nav's supercharger list last night. The first one I plugged in to wasn't working, so I moved over one and had success. It cut at least an hour off my return trip!

4. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

I received the offical email from Tesla announcing Ocala today. It is also now on the Tesla map.

5. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Were you able to contact Tesla and tell them about the one that wasn't working?

6. Btrflyl8e

Yes, the handle even looked a bit damaged.

7. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

#127 Lawsteve, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    I used the supercharger last Friday. Had no problems. The retail / shopping portion of the location is still being developed, and there are only a couple of options for food -Mimi's Cafe adjacent to the SC station, and a Panera Bread restaurant a 5 minute walk to the East. We had our dog with us, so only had Panera as an option (Mimi's has outdoor seating, but only allows service dogs. For some reason they didn't believe my yorkie was a seeing eye dog....). Also, I noticed no public restroom facilities other than in restaurants or shops nearby. Finally, and I know this is minor, there are no trash bins anywhere near the SC stations.

Hopefully the above will change as more food options are added to the development. For now, if you do not want to walk too far from the SC or if you want fast food, drive through one of the several spots between I-75 and the SC location before you park and plug in.

I drove from Ocala to Tallahassee via SR-27 into Chiefland and then up 19 to Tallahassee. Started with 245 miles and arrived with 50 miles. Range anxiety? Nope. Because of a lack of sufficient destination charging in Tallahassee, came back to Tampa via the Lake City SC. FYI, the hotel I stay at in Tallahassee is actively working on installing 2 HPWC units and j1772 unit. Construction has not yet started, but the manager told me their electrician already is working with Tesla re installation requirements. The hotel is a Homewood Suites on Appalachee Parkway. (For you budget minded folks, there is also a Hampton Inn at the same site. The manager with the information is Ashley. If you have any future plans to travel to Tallahassee, you might want to check with her re status of the chargers. I will be up there a couple of more times this year for football games and will update this forum with any progress.

8. linkster

linkster Active Member

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

9. Radonc

Radonc Member

I stopped in at Mimi's twice over the weekend. Food was very good and reasonable. Service was poor even when I was the only patron and there were about ten wait staff walking around! Fortunately I wasnt in a big hurry since I was charging.

10. KeithM

KeithM Member

The Florida Tesla Enthusiasts held a luncheon "Meet-up" at Mimi's restaurant to unofficially open the Ocala supercharger this past Saturday, December 6th. We had 26 people and 11 Teslas in attendance. Mimi's is just across the parking lot from the SC and has offered all Tesla owners who present their key fob, a 10% discount on meals. Thanks, Mimi!

Lawsteve was the official photographer and may be able to post some group pictures.

Here's a shot of the well occupied SC during the event:

OcalaSCaerial.jpg

The link below is to a 360 degree pano of the area around the picture above in case you're interested in seeing what's nearby. Give it a while to load and then use the buttons at the bottom to go full screen and your cursor to drag in any direction. Works sort of like Street View.

http://tinyurl.com/n3uzfpk

11. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

Keith did a great job organizing. It was a great event with a great turnout. I'm out of town through Tuesday, but should be able to get my pix up by Wednesday.

12. Btrflyl8e

Ocala is a perfect location for a SC, but stopping by myself in the dark I found it a little creepy. It's a little tucked away and dark! It would have been nice to see it less murdery.

13. tinpandave

tinpandave Member

Hi all we have a new addition to the Ocala supercharger area , its a Japanese steak house called EDO Japanese Steak House, about 100ft from the chargers. I went there tonight and they had just open today, they are doing what they called a soft opening their grand opening will be in Nov. when they get the liquor license. its a big clean place inside, and they will give a 10% discount with a Tesla key. nice people.
    Dave

14. Btrflyl8e

It looked about ready to open when I came back through on my way home from Charlotte earlier this week. We have an EDO here, and it's good. Glad for another for option there!

15. Un33k one

Un33k one New Member

16. BBryson

BBryson Member

I reported 1B inoperative to Tesla on July 12th.

I wonder if they haven't fixed it, or it was fixed then broke again.