Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocean City, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The grey cabinets in the picture from your post #12 are part of the power distribution hardware and not indicative of either V2 or V3. To definitively tell which version it is, we'd need to either see the supercharger cabinets themselves or good pictures of the conduit layouts if the cabinets aren't installed yet.

I know I saw somewhere it was V2 and the cabinets were sitting next to them recently from my uncle that’s there. However I didn’t get a picture from him. But I’ll be there next weekend. I’ll take pictures and let everyone know what’s new and how it is progressing

• Informative
Reactions: corywright
Stopped by the West Ocean City MD Super Charger location this morning, picture included fyi. No activity on site while I was there. Note DC fast charger with the Royal Farms insignia on the box.

Attachments

• IMG_4019.JPG
    IMG_4019.JPG
    868.2 KB · Views: 134
That charger predates Electrify America. A few years back, Maryland gave out a bunch of grants to put in fast chargers. Royal Farms managed to get a bunch of the grants and used them to install chargers at a bunch of Maryland locations. When I checked that one out, several years ago, it only had the Chademo connector. I think the CCS is relatively new. Plug Share says it's on the Charge Point network. I know I parked in the spot once to check it out. I don't recall if I actually charged there or not.

Anyone local with an update? Looking forward to this one!
Went by yesterday no movement! Still waiting for the chargers to show up... so hopefully they get this moving but I don’t think they will have it open until Jan most likely. Because they still have to test it and get the approval to turn it on. But it’s coming

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Went by this evening and still no change. Also the Chargepoint charger wouldn’t charge with my CHADEMO adapter. Thankfully the EV Institute has a free charger at the convention center.
I’m staying in town so it doesn’t make sense to head to the nearby Supercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
Went by this evening and still no change. Also the Chargepoint charger wouldn’t charge with my CHADEMO adapter. Thankfully the EV Institute has a free charger at the convention center.
I’m staying in town so it doesn’t make sense to head to the nearby Supercharger.
Oh you might see us riding around town. Should be heading down after work. Black model 3 with sport wheels... if you are a space x fan, you will notice us as are tags ( license plate) has a reference to one of there rockets!

I’m sorry I should said something I was there this weekend. No movement like you stated. I wonder what is taking so long for the stall to actually show up. But I was hoping for it to be open by now but long as it opens one day soon that’s what matters. Excited for it.

You can tell the difference between V2 and V3 pretty early on by looking at the conduit layout. I believe V2 has 2 pedestals/cabinet and V3 has 4 pedestals/cabinet. There are 8 pedestals going in here. So if the conduit is clustered into 2 groups at the cabinet end, that means V3. If it's in 4 groups, that means V2. The picture above makes me think this is V3, but the signs are blocking the view of the pad enough that I can't be sure. If someone goes and gets a good picture of the conduit for the cabinets, it shouldn't be hard to tell if it's V3 or V2.

You can tell the difference between V2 and V3 pretty early on by looking at the conduit layout. I believe V2 has 2 pedestals/cabinet and V3 has 4 pedestals/cabinet. There are 8 pedestals going in here. So if the conduit is clustered into 2 groups at the cabinet end, that means V3. If it's in 4 groups, that means V2. The picture above makes me think this is V3, but the signs are blocking the view of the pad enough that I can't be sure. If someone goes and gets a good picture of the conduit for the cabinets, it shouldn't be hard to tell if it's V3 or V2.