Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocean City, MD - Wawa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I'm quite surprised that this location went unnoticed for so long, even though I know exactly why.

Back in June, a site survey was done by Control Point Associates for a future Tesla development at the Wawa located at 12502 Ocean Gateway (Sorry for the long sentence). Seen as CPA has already done surveys for the New York sites and Bel Air North, I think it's fair to add a permit dot on SIF.

I finally looked it up, and it is less than a mile from the other SC location. It doesn't make much sense other than land values in OC on the island. Parking is a premium so that could be why. I'll take the location though, the Royal farms is swamped all the time in the summer. In OC gold coast mall or by Roses maybe the only parking lots large enough to handle a SC site. You let one in you have to let them all in for the city owned lots, which may come in the future.

I finally looked it up, and it is less than a mile from the other SC location. It doesn't make much sense other than land values in OC on the island.

I just waited 15 minutes just to charge at Royal Farms with three behind me. Once I got in I charged at 150KW and charged within 20 minutes. They need this site!

i enjoy this storyline

Sad thing is I passed up Salisbury with all six showing open. as I got closer it dropped to two. get there and its zero. guess i timed it for everyone to leave OC. I didn't realize this site was only 6 pedestals, they need more. demo the long non functional 50KW DC fast charger and add them there.

Reactions: PStewart
D9C014E4-71DB-48F3-8B9F-7D2C3BE0ABF2.jpeg

Haven’t seen progress mentioned in a while so here it an updated image.