Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ochopee, FL

MarcoRP

Sep 6, 2017
Montréal
Apparently, there is a new Supercharger going in Ochopee Florida at the Miccosukee Service Plaza. This photo (below) appeared on a PlugShare listing with the caption “Supercharger installation”. I contacted the owner of the photo who said they spoke to a worker who said the station would be operational in 2-3 weeks. Tesla has a location planned for Ochopee, while Electrify America doesn’t (for those who might think this is an EA install). Although I’m positive this is a Supercharger location, I don’t see anything unique to a Supercharger install yet, so I’ll hold before adding this on Supercharge Info. The number of stalls is unknown at the moment. Photo by BWM3 on PlugShare

4DCD9464-B9A0-4C30-92AB-3ED7568BDF72.jpeg

lskarp

Apr 22, 2019
Lake Worth, FL
Would be nice to supplement Naples on the west coast and Plantation on the east side of the alley! Sometimes the wife needs to use the rest room at the 1/2 point. A shot of juice is always welcome. Would put Tampa in reach from there.

Reactions: MikeATL

mwoz

Aug 8, 2014
USA
So it’s right in the middle of alligator alley, Tesla’s has a coming soon pin there so I’ll bet your right and it’s a supercharger. I’ll even guess V3 based on the conduits.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Anyone crossing the state on I-75 can drop in, no problem. Driving there just to check progress would show real commitment, though.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
I-75

Ochopee, FL

Along Primary Interstates: I-75
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-75

To: Naples, FL - 61.1 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Fort Myers, FL - 79.4 miles

A very useful splitter, as it can help avoid the very large diversion in Naples. Pembroke Pines, FL to Fort Myers, FL is 120.2 miles, so depending on how the SoC falls, that diversion could be very inconvenient.

XLR82XS

D M C
Jul 26, 2019
SWFL | Vegas
IMG_2070.JPG IMG_2070.JPG
Stopped by this afternoon. Didn't see specific SC stalls but a billboard is erected showing a rendering of a big building with a covered section that looks to have a bank of chargers.

Attachments

• IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    402.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke

Gondi63

Apr 26, 2019
Tampa
I drive by this every few weeks. Excited that it's finally getting done! It's been on the coming soon Tesla map for what seems like years.

Any particular things to look for?

X Fan

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2015
Naples, FL & Cary, NC
This is great news.

Given the Gov’s recent remarks re; putting EV solutions at every exit on FL’s interstate network I was wondering when his comments would be a reality.

This is a great start and a needed location.

eladts

Jul 31, 2016
Brookline, MA
  • Funny
Reactions: XHabjab

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Jjadmd Great renderings. Do you have any additional information, such as the source and the estimated completion date, etc?
From Googling I know that Burton Hersh Architects did the renderings.

Thanks.

Larry

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC