Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ochopee, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m bored, so I drive out to check on the Ochopee SC.
EE481401-9E12-4B02-806E-0EDF324ADBC7.jpeg
D5FD8BC9-6B8E-4F24-B0FD-21DE554D4999.jpeg
Today, the 6 chargers closest to the chickee hut were working, but the 6 opposite chargers were not. Good rate of charge!

I am a new Tesla owner and this was my second use of a supercharger. Over the weekend had to drive my model Y from Fort Myers to Miami Int, Airport. As per the navigation I was able to complete my trip without charging. However I was supposed to drive below 70mph and would have had only 5% charge left. Way too risky, so I decided to charge at the Alligator Alley’s Ochopee, FL new V3 Supercharger. It is in the middle of the nowhere. Only a Shell gas station next to the stalls. However once I plugged my car in I realized what a fast DC charger is. It picked up very quickly and reached 235 KW. It took only a few minutes to gain 100 miles of range and I took off. It was faster and way more convenient than any gas station stop I ever had. V3 charger is a game changer.

I am a new Tesla owner and this was my second use of a supercharger. Over the weekend had to drive my model Y from Fort Myers to Miami Int, Airport. As per the navigation I was able to complete my trip without charging. However I was supposed to drive below 70mph and would have had only 5% charge left. Way too risky, so I decided to charge at the Alligator Alley’s Ochopee, FL new V3 Supercharger. It is in the middle of the nowhere. Only a Shell gas station next to the stalls. However once I plugged my car in I realized what a fast DC charger is. It picked up very quickly and reached 235 KW. It took only a few minutes to gain 100 miles of range and I took off. It was faster and way more convenient than any gas station stop I ever had. V3 charger is a game changer.

V3 is absolutely a game changer. And the new Ochopee SC is great for topping off in the middle of the Everglades. With a Model Y LR you should be able to make it all the way in one charge without having to drive less than 70 mph (I would definitely trust what the Nav says though). The car will learn your driving efficiency soon and will be more accurate with the expected charging levels.
I usually start in Tampa at 98-100% and drive all the way down to Kendall (in Miami) only stopping once in Fort Myers for 20-25 mins with a SR+
It will definitely depend on how fast you drive and the weather conditions.