Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ochopee, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jjadmd Great renderings. Do you have any additional information, such as the source and the estimated completion date, etc?
From Googling I know that Burton Hersh Architects did the renderings.

Thanks.

Larry
Hi Larry, no have no information about timeline of project just did some digging around and found the renderings on Burtons site. I think it would be a wonderful location to use solar and v3 superchargers. Great location as I travel a lot to the east coast. Nice spot cant wait for completion.

Hi Larry, no have no information about timeline of project just did some digging around and found the renderings on Burtons site. I think it would be a wonderful location to use solar and v3 superchargers. Great location as I travel a lot to the east coast. Nice spot cant wait for completion.
Thanks again for your research.

I agree that this would be an ideal application for solar, and I think from studying the photos that we have of the construction that this Supercharger installation is likely to be version 3.

Back in 2011, when I founded our Florida Tesla club and joined the Tesla Motors Club (TMC) forum, there were no Superchargers. I recall posting at the time that this location would be an excellent place to install a Supercharger Station. Others correctly pointed out that in as much as there weren't any Superchargers in Florida yet that it would be better to place Supercharger Stations at the end of Alligator Alley instead of the middle. Eight years later I'm pleased to see that we are at the point where my suggestion finally makes sense, and from the renderings, it looks like the location will be a perfect location for a Supercharger Station.

By the way, if you are interested in joining our club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7 and MarcoRP
Parking lot has been paved, lines drawn, backstops placed. All stubs sticking out of the ground + 1 handicap spot. Photos by BWM3 on PlugShare
D8C6D345-7710-4149-8BAF-0606A9F85BF1.jpeg
2063FF96-D985-4CD2-9B93-40906DECC568.jpeg

Apparently, there is a new Supercharger going in Ochopee Florida at the Miccosukee Service Plaza. This photo (below) appeared on a PlugShare listing with the caption “Supercharger installation”. I contacted the owner of the photo who said they spoke to a worker who said the station would be operational in 2-3 weeks. Tesla has a location planned for Ochopee, while Electrify America doesn’t (for those who might think this is an EA install). Although I’m positive this is a Supercharger location, I don’t see anything unique to a Supercharger install yet, so I’ll hold before adding this on Supercharge Info. The number of stalls is unknown at the moment. Photo by BWM3 on PlugShare

View attachment 471236
I was there on the 25th of Nov, 2019 and payment complete just waiting for hardware. 2nd driveway on the right, can’t miss it once hardware is installed!

Does anyone have a clue to why the v3 stalls are taking so long to arrive? also happening in Clearwater, FL
As someone with a regular drive from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale, I'm right there with you.

They just finished the trans-Canadian line which is mostly v3, so I was hoping they'd have a good pipeline ready, but maybe it's just all hands on deck for Q4 deliveries?

Last edited: