Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oklahoma City, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Oklahoma today, so I had to see the status of the Oklahoma City Super Charger. I drove up and the foreman came to my car. He said I am the first Tesla at his construction site to show up on DAY ONE. Most visitors show up between days 3 - 14 he said. He also said that every construction site has had white Tesla's be the first to show up on his sites.

They were given the order to start the construction here on Thursday at 6:30 pm. They drove here from Knoxville and just started today. The delay was NOT permitting, but getting all the owners to sign off on the lease. He thinks that is the hold up in Denton (strip malls seem to be the problem.) He says they have the system down to 21 days for full completion, but any delays are power companies; they want to pour and install their own transformers. He also thinks that when he is done with this install, they are moving to the East Coast. Hopefully another construction team will finish Denton and the 3 West of us soon.

The foreman gave me his cell number, so he will call me when it's live & I'll post. They are from Metairie, LA, so they are hoping to win the Slidell, LA Super Charger bid.

Here are the pics:
OKC5.jpg

OKC3.jpg

OKC4.jpg

OKC1.jpg

OKC2.jpg

Last edited:
Update 6-16-15

Don't take the Supercharger map as engraved on stone tablets. Buffalo was originally 2014 but only went online last week!

I went by yesterday. Good progress! Sorry for the sideways photos. 7 stalls already put in concrete, probably 8 overall they had some big machinery put in too which I think is the transformer. Back in style charger. Not sure if it's going to be the new liquid cooled charger. Super close to the mall, probably will get ICE'd a lot.
2015-06-15 20.10.22.jpg
2015-06-15 20.03.22.jpg

...probably will get ICE'd a lot.
It might get ICE'd during the holiday shopping season, however The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City is a large complex with parking that surrounds over 90 stores. The Tesla Supercharger is on the farthest west side of The Outlet parking and not near the majority of shops in the center. See the following two directories for more information. Note the small parking map in the corner.

http://www.okcchamber.com/clientuploads/IMAGES/Retail/LeasePlan.jpg

Stores Directory The Outlet Shoppes of Oklahoma | Outlet Malls Oklahoma City | Outlet Shopping Oklahoma City

Click the following link for a Google Map of the entire area. The parking spaces are across the street from BJ's at a 45 degree angle next to the bare land. Notice how far the SuperCharger spots are from the Guess Factory and Loft Outlet Store where DeMolayMan took a great photo of a seating area at The Outlet. Zoom into the map to view the store names.

Google Maps

The traffic flow of the surrounding access road makes it more difficult to drive to this area than the lots on the north and south side. Notice how there is NO left turn when driving east next to the Columbia Sportswear Outlet Store. When I visited a month ago the parking area near the Supercharger area was empty. The distance from BJ's should help prevent ICE'ing from their customers. If access is ever an issue, then other measures could be added to discourage ICE'ing. Supercharger - Culver City - Page 20

Last edited:
Update

I am going to Oklahoma City on the 4th of July weekend (from Mesa, AZ) and could really use this Supercharger. Can someone please update the status of the construction for me? Thanks.

I have not been by, but I do not anticipate that they are finished yet. There is a Chademo in OKC if you need a charge, and several slower chargers. I highly doubt it will be ready by July 4th weekend. I'll check by sometime soon. :) I live about half an hour away.

COMPLETED!

I have not been by, but I do not anticipate that they are finished yet. There is a Chademo in OKC if you need a charge, and several slower chargers. I highly doubt it will be ready by July 4th weekend. I'll check by sometime soon. :) I live about half an hour away.

This article says they are complete, I do not have a model s but the pics in the article look complete. OKC mall gets superchargers for Tesla Model S electric cars | NewsOK.com

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla doesn't have the site listed as "open" yet on their site.

Has anyone used the new supercharger yet? Just looking for confirmation that they are good and live as it still doesn't show up on the supercharger map.

No one has yet confirmed it is open, so until then make other plans.
It does not yet show up on either TM web page nor Supercharge.info.

This being a holiday weekend, the workers probably went home to be with their families.
I doubt any final inspections and connections will be made.

You CAN charge at Ardmore, Perry and if heading West, Weatherford, OK.
Or you could use the CHAdeMO connection to charge in OKC if you have an adaptor.