TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - OKC Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by thatheard, Mar 13, 2015.

1. rocketdallas

rocketdallas Member

Thank you, I expect to do quite a bit of regular travel to OKC beginning in August and am hopeful it will be up by then. Otherwise, I may need to go ahead and buy the CHAdeMO adapter to use the available spot there.

Thanks again

2. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

You are most welcome.

I would hope that this location would be operational by August, but there have been some locations that cannot seem to catch a break (located on an Indian burial ground or something...).
    Until the last domino falls, consider the Supercharger location to not be Open for business.

3. gmpotter

gmpotter New Member

My Tesla was just delivered at the end of June. We went by and tried the supercharger on July 1st or 2nd, I don't remember exactly. The construction was complete but there was no power. I tried to plug in and the dash said to check the connection or something like that. So apparently not on line yet. I called Tesla while I was there and they said they didn't show it as being online and did not have a scheduled date either.

4. rocketdallas

rocketdallas Member

Thanks for the update about the supercharger and congrats on your new Model S!

5. DeMolayMan3308

Update

These are not liquid cooled, but have many options nearby for food. The lights were not on last night so I assume that means it is still not done. The wooden storage area was left open overnight. Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

6. jaysquyres

jaysquyres Member

It appears to be finished, but the meter is missing (no power.) I tried 3 locations - all dead. They must be waiting on the electric company to install the meter:
    20150722_184134.jpg
    20150722_184258.jpg
    20150722_184153.jpg
    20150722_184212.jpg

7. ahm

ahm Member

From Tesla's Find Us page it looks like OKC is open!

8. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Supercharge.info indicates both Trinidad, CO and OKC are OPEN!!!

9. reddy

reddy Member

Great news. I'll top off here on Sunday in case Weatherford OK is still flaky.

10. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

That should significantly improve July's totals.

11. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I will probably beat you to it, heading up after C&C on Saturday morning...

12. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

On Saturday evening @ the Wichita Supercharger I ran into an owner with a (new) Ocean Blue 85D.
    He was from OKC and had already charged @ the OKC Supercharger on Saturday morning.

And I used it Saturday afternoon, so it is fully operational.

13. reddy

reddy Member

#53 reddy, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    image.jpg Charging there now. My wife headed for the outlet mall instantly. Great new mall with lots of eateries in it, plus a restaurant next to chargers. I'll post details later, we are still shopping....:crying:

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 89241

14. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

#54 purplewalt, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Reddy,
    After you and your wife are done eating and shopping and if you have a bit of time and interest, two things I did yesterday:

**OKC Museum of Modern Art, has one of if not the largest Dale Chihuly Collections on the 3rd Floor (permanent Collection).
    Really worth it to spend time wandering thru it.
    They also currently have a Fabrege traveling collection of items and eggs made for the Russian Czars, it will be there until sometime in September.

I got lost in OKC yesterday, yet there is an upside.
    **While driving Eastbound on I-40, I went past/thru the AFB there.
    And they had a small but interesting collection of "planes" parked next to the freeway.

A couple of the lot:
    Older version of Air Force One (727?)
    A-10 Thunderbolt (Warthog)
    SR-71, Blackbird (I have seen two or three others)

I did see there is a visitor's gate, don't know if that will grant you access to go inside and view the planes or not.

About three blocks away from the Museum (Downtown) is the OKC Memorial.
    It might be a bit warm to walk three or four blocks, so consider re-parking if you go to visit.

If Modern Art is not your thing, there is an outstanding Country Western Museum also in OKC.

• Informative x 1
  15. gmpotter

gmpotter New Member

That was me. I'm sorry we didn't get to visit more. Let me know if you're ever in the OKC area, you're welcome to stop in and top off or just visit.

Greg

16. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

I charged here Saturday evening and the mall was a zoo. Cars and trucks parked on the grass and three spots were ice'd. I was surprised that it was only three as I was nervous when I saw how busy it was. As I needed a long charge before overnighting in OKC and then onto Denton the following morning we stopped and had dinner at BJ's. One spot was still ice'd when I left.

• Informative x 1
  17. JClu

JClu Member

This is my review of this SpC location based on our recent trip:

Location - pretty easy to find. Only about 2 minutes off I-40. The SCs are physically in the parking lot of The Outlet Shoppes of Oklahoma City.

Charging rate - excellent. Followed the general rule of (125kW - battery SOC) rate.

Facilities - close to 2 restaurants (Ted's Cafe Escondido and BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse) as well as the outlet mall stores.

• Informative x 1
  18. CarlA

CarlA Member

Anybody hear any news about SC activity in Eastern Oklahoma? There is still quite a hole on I-40 between Memphis and OKC.
    Little Rock will be done soon. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tesla has Henryetta as a possible location in their latest 2017 map.