Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Old Bridge, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at Tesla supercharger network it says that there will be one built on route 9.
No it doesn't. Tesla's map says that there will be one built somewhere in Old Bridge and Google maps, which is the underlying engine for Tesla's map, places the pin for "Old Bridge, NJ" at that location. The grey pins aren't indicative of the location of future builds with that granularity, they only show which city/town/area in general is going to get one. If you need convincing, go look at all the grey pins in the region, notice how they are all placed right over the middle of the location's name on the map? Yeah, not a coincidence.

For Old Bridge, we know where it's going to be. It's going to be at the Wawa on NJ-18 at Maple St. The address is listed up thread.

Reactions: Arla72
No it doesn't. Tesla's map says that there will be one built somewhere in Old Bridge and Google maps, which is the underlying engine for Tesla's map, places the pin for "Old Bridge, NJ" at that location. The grey pins aren't indicative of the location of future builds with that granularity, they only show which city/town/area in general is going to get one. If you need convincing, go look at all the grey pins in the region, notice how they are all placed right over the middle of the location's name on the map? Yeah, not a coincidence.

For Old Bridge, we know where it's going to be. It's going to be at the Wawa on NJ-18 at Maple St. The address is listed up thread.
Got it, thank you for the explanation. I got excited since it was a little closer to my my house, but the other one is 13min away so I will take that as well.

PXL_20220323_200659435.jpg
PXL_20220323_201331577.MP.jpg

While I closely follow supercharger network development and am pretty active in finding new locations, I'm (by choice) not an editor for Supercharge.info. You're welcome to ping me like that after new developments, but if what you're after is quick action on updating the SC.info map, you'd be better off calling @corywright @Chuq or @MarcoRP. I'm sure there are a few other SC.info editors who are active on TMC, e.g. I think @tes-s is one, but those are the ones that I know of offhand.

Yes, noticed today it was added on the map. 8 Chargers, 250 kW.
No idea where you are, but I live literally 1 mile away, and seeing this one being built last year gave me a ton of peace of mind, since I had a Model Y on order and was giving (now gave) my fiancé my model 3.

I was fine with jumping some hoops to charge at our apartment, but this makes it a million times easier for her to have no hassle :)

No idea where you are, but I live literally 1 mile away, and seeing this one being built last year gave me a ton of peace of mind, since I had a Model Y on order and was giving (now gave) my fiancé my model 3.

I was fine with jumping some hoops to charge at our apartment, but this makes it a million times easier for her to have no hassle :)
Great, I work up in East Brunswick, so I pass by everyday. I'm surprised Tesla made their deadline.

I’ve charged there twice in the past week and this site is showing signs of being ICEd badly on an ongoing basis. On my first visit Friday, 3 spots ICEd with 4 passenger cars over 45 minutes. Today, one ICE car, which left, then 2 large ugly rusty pickups drove in and blocked 3 stalls. Tattoo laden drivers of each (1 male, 1 female plus 3? reform school kids) looked large and tough, viewing the row of 5 Teslas with disdain.

This site is in a seemingly nice area but this tough group looked like they just got out of prison and were looking for trouble. Is there a penitentiary nearby?

I’ve charged there twice in the past week and this site is showing signs of being ICEd badly on an ongoing basis. On my first visit Friday, 3 spots ICEd with 4 passenger cars over 45 minutes. Today, one ICE car, which left, then 2 large ugly rusty pickups drove in and blocked 3 stalls. Tattoo laden drivers of each (1 male, 1 female plus 3? reform school kids) looked large and tough, viewing the row of 5 Teslas with disdain.

This site is in a seemingly nice area but this tough group looked like they just got out of prison and were looking for trouble. Is there a penitentiary nearby?
Lol - if you saw the signs, all the spots are able to be ICE’d for 15 minutes at anytime. The Wawa is popular and has a small parking lot to begin with. TBH, I’m not sure why they didn’t expand the parking lot on the gas station side to install the chargers there, but who knows.

All walks of life around here in NJ, BTW. I’m sure they are just regulars and a little annoyed there parking lot was reduced by a dozen spots.

Lol - if you saw the signs, all the spots are able to be ICE’d for 15 minutes at anytime. The Wawa is popular and has a small parking lot to begin with. TBH, I’m not sure why they didn’t expand the parking lot on the gas station side to install the chargers there, but who knows.

All walks of life around here in NJ, BTW. I’m sure they are just regulars and a little annoyed there parking lot was reduced by a dozen spots.
Actually there is a mix of “Tesla charging only” and ‘x’ minute general parking but the ICE vehicles were mostly in the charging only spots. I was there 70+ minutes the first time and about 25 the second. Some of the ICE machines were there before we arrived and after we left.

At any rate, the parking arrangement could be better. The lot seems to have the space but parking spots are not marked.

Also, these chargers just opened and the location has been under construction the better part of a year.