Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Old Fort, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another bit of info from my FB feed that there is going to be a Supercharger in Old Fort in McDowell County. The person said they are friends with installers of Superchargers. I feel like 2022 is going to be a HUGE year for Supercharger roll outs.

Nothing official posted on the Tesla site and no permits found yet so I am not sure if this post is even meaningful but wanted to see if anyone else heard of anything or searched for any permits in the area. Always nice to have SC locations in the western NC area.

1626279820187.png

Looks like the tip was correct from my FB feed.

@MarcoRP has been hard at working digging up permits, he found it!

12 stalls coming to the DQ off I-40 (and it's been issued)
1634316567422-png.721859

121 Parker Padgett Rd
Old Fort, NC 28762

View attachment 721865
Time for another map update @corywright ⚡⚡

Edit: That was fast! It's already updated on the site!
I'm thinking that won't be the picture they use on the supercharger page for tesla.com. :D
I personally vastly prefer this over a parking garage, overpriced mall, or deserted dead-mall parking lot.

• Funny
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Asheville about to have 3 superchargers and then this off I-40, wow! Tesla really giving this area some love!
It used to be that every time we drove into town we would count the Teslas, and each time we would see more and more. A few days ago I went in for a visit to my doctor's office and found that the number of Teslas here has increased dramatically. It seems to me an amazing growth rate; they were everywhere.

Reactions: scottf200
It used to be that every time we drove into town we would count the Teslas, and each time we would see more and more. A few days ago I went in for a visit to my doctor's office and found that the number of Teslas here has increased dramatically. It seems to me an amazing growth rate; they were everywhere.
very popular vacation spot in NC AND also on a major travel corridor. NC coverage is really coming along nicely.

There is no information regarding an Old Fort Supercharger on Tesla’s website or anywhere else but this forum. There is a video dated late October that shows no construction at the subject site and then a photo dated November 7th that shows a virtually completed set of superchargers. It is hard to believe. Has anyone been to Old Fort since November 7th or could drop by to document the status?

There is no information regarding an Old Fort Supercharger on Tesla’s website or anywhere else but this forum. There is a video dated late October that shows no construction at the subject site and then a photo dated November 7th that shows a virtually completed set of superchargers. It is hard to believe. Has anyone been to Old Fort since November 7th or could drop by to document the status?
Oops, I guess we were kind of sleeping on this site and not getting it updated. 😊

It's confirmed live in car! ⚡⚡
@corywright @MarcoRP
Yet ANOTHER live charging location not listed on the Official Supercharger map.

1637507216457.png

There is no information regarding an Old Fort Supercharger on Tesla’s website or anywhere else but this forum.

It is hard to believe.

The Tesla map typically shows coming soon sites that are being driven by Tesla themselves.

Nowadays it's becoming quite common for Supercharger installs to be driven by host sites (such as Sheetz, Wawa, Smithfields BBQ chicken, etc.). Those almost always show up unannounced because they are not part of Tesla's strategic plan, but rather initiated by the host site themselves.

I have to admit, this one in particular is a bit of an odd duck given that it's not one of the traditional chain outlets that have been jumping into the Supercharging expansion. Nonetheless, very happy to see it. I think the word is getting out that having a captive set of customers for 20-30 minutes at your highway convenience store/fast food restaurant is not a bad thing at all!