Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Olema, CA (LIVE 16 Aug 2023, 6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that only took a couple few years!

Attachments

• charging.jpg
    charging.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 94
Yea this might be the last true V2 supercharger ever installed in the US.
If you look back here, you will see that even the V2 equipment installed varies from unit to unit. Definitely bottom of the scrap heap.

I still wonder why they did 6 V2 vs 4 V3. V2 is 450 kw total for 3 cabinets, V3 is around 400kw total per cabinet. If they have a 500kva tranformer, they could have even done 8 V3. Anyone know the transformer size?

I suspect they submitted permits long ago when V2s were still a thing. In the middle of it they probably contemplated just making this a V3 site but that would have probably set back the whole permit process back to almost zero. Otherwise the 750 kVA transformer size there is just right for 8 V3s. I don't know for a fact but that's probably what happened with the Dublin V2 site recently opened.

I suspect they submitted permits long ago when V2s were still a thing. In the middle of it they probably contemplated just making this a V3 site but that would have probably set back the whole permit process back to almost zero. Otherwise the 750 kVA transformer size there is just right for 8 V3s. I don't know for a fact but that's probably what happened with the Dublin V2 site recently opened.
Why would then need 750kva for 6 V2? V2 are limited to 150kw per pair so 3*150=450kw (kva).

If you look back here, you will see that even the V2 equipment installed varies from unit to unit. Definitely bottom of the scrap heap.

I still wonder why they did 6 V2 vs 4 V3. V2 is 450 kw total for 3 cabinets, V3 is around 400kw total per cabinet. If they have a 500kva tranformer, they could have even done 8 V3. Anyone know the transformer size?
I couldn't tell. I figure Tesla will need to continue to make spare V2s until they are all replaced - or use old units that are retired.