Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Olympia, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Live in Lacey, best guesses are the Fred Meyer/Target at Sleater Keanny or up in the commercial area around Marvin Rd. Have been checking Olympia and Lacey permitting intermittently without luck. Even messaged the governors office a while back and they said they haven’t heard of any proposed projects thus far. I did try to call ADK electric, same company that built the Vancouver WA charger and they said Tesla has a proposal out for this area, was trying to get them to tell the the address but they never got back to me.

Damn I hate it when these threads pop up giving me false hope!

Anyways, neither of the Fred Meyers have Olympia addresses and Tesla has often stayed true to the city address in the past when it puts a pin for a future location on the map, so while I'd still keep an eye on the Lacey and Tumwater Fred Meyer locations, I'd guess it will probably go elsewhere.

A dark horse location would be the Hampton Inn on Martin Way. This chain has hosted superchargers all over the country and there is room in the back parking lot. Although most locals would consider this to be Lacey, it actually is in the Olympia city limits. It's not a great location, but Starbucks, Brewery City Pizza, O'Blarney's and Casa Mia as well as many other hotels are in walking distance.

It's also possible that they put it some place way over on the west side near Capital Mall. This would make sense if they view the Olympia location as completing Highway 101 rather than servicing I-5. The Centralia supercharger is after all not very far away. Of course if this is the case, they would definitely need to put a supercharger along I-5 somewhere between Lacey and Tacoma and who knows what they have planned there.

If you are local to Olympia I don’t understand your need for a supercharger. Home is much more convenient.
What a ridiculous comment. 2 of the 3 posters in this forum list "Seattle" as their location and the other lists PNW. Never mind that there are plenty of reasons to be interested in Olympia getting a supercharger, even if you do live in the area.

Reactions: NHK X
What a ridiculous comment. 2 of the 3 posters in this forum list "Seattle" as their location and the other lists PNW. Never mind that there are plenty of reasons to be interested in Olympia getting a supercharger, even if you do live in the area.

Lol, I was trying to be polite to that post, but this is nice and blunt.

How so? I was referring to the OP who lived in Oly. Unless he/she doesn’t have home charging, having a SC 2 mins from your house is useless because it’s a waste of your time. Unless an hr of your time is worth $5. I live 5 mins from Lynnwood SC and charged there less than 10 times. Usually curse myself after for wasting time ;)

• Love
Reactions: nwdiver
How so? I was referring to the OP who lived in Oly. Unless he/she doesn’t have home charging, having a SC 2 mins from your house is useless because it’s a waste of your time. Unless an hr of your time is worth $5. I live 5 mins from Lynnwood SC and charged there less than 10 times. Usually curse myself after for wasting time ;)
I guess you should re-read the OP.

Peace!
I can see why some react negatively to a local getting excited about an SC.
I presume that the reaction comes from the experience of clogged SCs due to locals.

I can see myself getting excited about an SC close to home.
For one, this would increase the likelihood that I would get to meet the cream of the crop of Most Superchargers Visited.
I had personal experience of not being ready for a 200 mile round trip to a trailhead I did not plan for the previous evening, and having to take an ICE. A local SC would have been helpful.

Can we not see both perspectives?

When can I get a SC at the Fred Meyers so convenient for a coast trip from Portland?:)

I'm coming in from Grays Harbor, so the Olympia Supercharger would be key for me getting to the Ellensburg Supercharger to go to the East side of the Mountains. Right now, it is a real push, and I would have to go from Aberdeen to Centralia and even then do a FULL charge in Centralia.

I'm coming in from Grays Harbor, so the Olympia Supercharger would be key for me getting to the Ellensburg Supercharger to go to the East side of the Mountains. Right now, it is a real push, and I would have to go from Aberdeen to Centralia and even then do a FULL charge in Centralia.
You don't say what you are driving, but that is only 200 miles from Aberdeen to Ellensburg. Stick to the speed limit after topping off in Aberdeen and watch that you have enough to get over the pass, and if you get nervous then stop at one of the many L2 charging spots along the way. Or get a CHAdeMO adapter, if possible. Much faster to slow down than to go to Centralia.

Reactions: Yarder
You don't say what you are driving, but that is only 200 miles from Aberdeen to Ellensburg. Stick to the speed limit after topping off in Aberdeen and watch that you have enough to get over the pass, and if you get nervous then stop at one of the many L2 charging spots along the way. Or get a CHAdeMO adapter, if possible. Much faster to slow down than to go to Centralia.
There's also a substantial elevation change. Really only a 100 can make that leg comfortably, and even that could be tricky in the winter.

There's also a substantial elevation change. Really only a 100 can make that leg comfortably, and even that could be tricky in the winter.
I'd be completely comfortable in my MS75D. Did you miss the "at the speed limit" qualifier? That's an average speed of 60 mph.

Admittedly, I have not driven that route, since I live between the two points so would either go one direction or the other. I did the routing in both EVTO and EVTP and both arrive with a comfortable 25-33% in my car.

I'd be completely comfortable in my MS75D. Did you miss the "at the speed limit" qualifier? That's an average speed of 60 mph.

Admittedly, I have not driven that route, since I live between the two points so would either go one direction or the other. I did the routing in both EVTO and EVTP and both arrive with a comfortable 25-33% in my car.
We must be talking about different paths then. It's 197 miles and a >1000 ft elevation gain from the Aberdeen supercharger to the Ellensburg supercharger. So no way you are making it with 30% to spare in a 75.

Reactions: Yarder
We must be talking about different paths then. It's 197 miles and a >1000 ft elevation gain from the Aberdeen supercharger to the Ellensburg supercharger. So no way you are making it with 30% to spare in a 75.
Have you driven that route at 60 mph?

You have a lot more experience with this sort of thing than I do, so I'll go with your expertise. If the routing apps are all that far off, we need to all contribute some data, maybe, to help them be more accurate.