Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Omaha, NE (8801 West Center Rd.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, My son has a baseball tournament in Omaha this June. This will be my first big road trip, and I was surprised to see there is not a supercharger in Omaha. The Electrify America site does not list anything either. We will be in town for about 4 days. What are the best charging options if the new supercharger is not up and running. I see Council Bluff listed but that could be 20-30 minutes away depending on our hotel location. Thanks

Hey guys, My son has a baseball tournament in Omaha this June. This will be my first big road trip, and I was surprised to see there is not a supercharger in Omaha. The Electrify America site does not list anything either. We will be in town for about 4 days. What are the best charging options if the new supercharger is not up and running. I see Council Bluff listed but that could be 20-30 minutes away depending on our hotel location. Thanks
I see you have a 2022 Model S. The newer Teslas (yours included) can charge at CCS1 fast chargers, which are what other EVs use. You will find there are many CCS1 charging stations in the Omaha area that you can use (Electrify America included) DC Fast Charging Map | PlugShare. However, you will need the CCS1 to Tesla adapter that Tesla sells here for $250 https://shop.tesla.com/product/ccs-combo-1-adapter?web=true.

You can use the PlugShare, Electrify America, or Chargepoint apps on your phone to find and pay for some of these 3rd party charging stations. There is an Electrify America station at a Walmart in Omaha, but according to reviews on PlugShare many of them don't work or are being repaired.

Reactions: RyanAndrews
I would just stay at a hotel that has, or is close to, a j1772 or level 2 Tesla charger. That is searchable on PlugShare.

I stayed at the Element Hotel in Omaha a few years ago and they had a Tesla charger at least. The hotel was fine.
Probably doesn't get to pick the hotel if he's travelling with a team.

I would just do a long charge (up to 90% ish) in Lincoln on the way in, and then make a day trip to Council Bluffs if necessary. The range on that car should be pretty high, especially in summer, so the long charge alone might be enough. Lincoln to Omaha and back is only 111 miles, so unless you're doing a ton of driving around Omaha, that might be enough.

Probably doesn't get to pick the hotel if he's travelling with a team.

I would just do a long charge (up to 90% ish) in Lincoln on the way in, and then make a day trip to Council Bluffs if necessary. The range on that car should be pretty high, especially in summer, so the long charge alone might be enough. Lincoln to Omaha and back is only 111 miles, so unless you're doing a ton of driving around Omaha, that might be enough.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I will probably end up picking up a CCS adapter so I am covered. Hopefully, the supercharger is up and running by June.

I see Council Bluff listed but that could be 20-30 minutes away depending on our hotel location. Thanks
It is but the Omaha CCS options could be 15 to 20 minutes away depending on where you are staying too and CCS stations here are a single plug versus the 8 stalls in Council Bluffs (not to mention the CCS stations in Omaha are 50-62 kW versus 150 at the supercharger in Council Bluffs). Those tournaments quite often utilize fields in Council Bluffs as well so I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up over there for a game or games.
There is an Electrify America station at a Walmart in Omaha
No there isn't. There is one in Council Bluffs that for all practical purposes is basically the equivalent location of the Tesla supercharger over there they are 3/4 of a mile apart on the same side of the I-29/I-80 split.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I will probably end up picking up a CCS adapter so I am covered. Hopefully, the supercharger is up and running by June.
Yeah so like I said above, I don't know that I'd do it solely for this trip, as without knowing where you're staying it doesn't necessarily seem more convenient for you. But like you said hopefully the Omaha supercharger is built and operational by June making this all a moot point.

Last edited:
It is but the Omaha CCS options could be 15 to 20 minutes away depending on where you are staying too and CCS stations here are a single plug versus the 8 stations in Council Bluffs (not to mention the CCS stations in Omaha are 50-62 kW versus 150 at the supercharger in Council Bluffs). Those tournaments quite often utilize fields in Council Bluffs as well so I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up over there for a game or games.

No there isn't. There is one in Council Bluffs that for all practical purposes is basically the equivalent location of the Tesla supercharger over there they are 3/4 of a mile apart on the same side of the I-29/I-80 split.

Yeah so like I said above, I don't know that I'd do it solely for this trip, as without knowing where you're staying it doesn't necessarily seem more convenient for you. But like you said hopefully the Omaha supercharger is built and operational by June making this all a moot point.
You are right, I hadn't realized that the Electrify America station was across the river, thus putting it in Council Bluffs.

But there are many J-1772 slow chargers that can be used at hotels, schools, restaurants, dealerships, public buildings, parking garages. There's also a Tesla destination charger at Johnny's Steakhouse. So there are many option. I personally would just stay at a hotel that has EV charging.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-15 130347.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-15 130347.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: GleanerC