Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oneonta, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Planning Board Approval- 2018-09-17 (PDF Warning)
Henry Misas/Tesla Installation Manager, Supercharger Deployment and Alex Mirabito/Mirabito Fuel Group appeared before the board to represent the application submitted by GPD Engineering and Architecture Professional Corporation to install a Tesla supercharging station within the existing parking lot of Mirabito's located at 4968 State Highway 23. They will be using a total of 8 existing stalls...

8 Supercharger stalls, 2 signed for Tesla-only parking + 6 signed for General parking w/time limit

Google maps location- pretty much at the intersection of NY-23 and I-88. Or, a bit off I-88 right between Binghampton and Schenectady.

I couldn't find if Oneonta had their building permits viewable online. But this might have just been a search failure. And while Tesla's map shows Oneonta as a 2018 "Coming Soon" pin, I wouldn't expect this site to be online until some time in 2019. But I could be wrong and it definitely deserves a scoping by anyone in the area.

Planning Board Approval- 2018-09-17 (PDF Warning)

8 Supercharger stalls, 2 signed for Tesla-only parking + 6 signed for General parking w/time limit

Google maps location- pretty much at the intersection of NY-23 and I-88. Or, a bit off I-88 right between Binghampton and Schenectady.

I couldn't find if Oneonta had their building permits viewable online. But this might have just been a search failure. And while Tesla's map shows Oneonta as a 2018 "Coming Soon" pin, I wouldn't expect this site to be online until some time in 2019. But I could be wrong and it definitely deserves a scoping by anyone in the area.
Again lol

It's been ~2 weeks since I originally posted. Is there anyone who is going to be passing through or who lives nearby that can drop by to take a look at the area? I don't think construction work has started yet but I'd like to have confirmation from boots on the ground.

Checked the 4968 location last Tue, no obvious construction activity at that time, will be checking again in the next few weeks and update this forum accordingly.

It's been ~2 weeks since I originally posted. Is there anyone who is going to be passing through or who lives nearby that can drop by to take a look at the area? I don't think construction work has started yet but I'd like to have confirmation from boots on the ground.

Thanks for the confirmation. I just didn't want to be sitting here imagining that construction wouldn't likely start til spring when it was actually already finished in stealth-mode, only no one had been past yet. So, good to know.

visited again today, no obvious signs of preparation / construction. attached photo is my best guess where they may install the chargers, along the right side.
364F73E1-7589-4DDB-9208-76904A6F490A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Thanks. My impression, once you had previously confirmed that building hadn't started yet, was always that they wouldn't be starting this year. Maybe one of the crews doing the other NY installs right now (Roscoe, Ossining, or West Nyack) will move here once they are finished at their current locations?

I'd missed this one, but since it seems to be moving along ...

Oneonta, NY

Along Primary Interstates: I-88E*
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-88E

To: I-90 at Rotterdam, NY - 61.7 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles

This will allow easy round-trips between Binghamton, NY and Schenectady, NY.

* There is an I-88 in Illinois.

Last edited:
They might be installing it!! They just started today. Tomorrow or maybe Wednesday I'll Get pictures of the contractors and maybe ask the people inside if its a supercharger station. Can't think of anything else it would be. I drive by hear every day to work so I'm always looking.View attachment 427687 View attachment 427686
I just checked for One Ticket digging alerts in the area and not only didn't find anything on behalf of Tesla, but there wasn't anything listed in that area at all. But maybe that site doesn't track all NY alerts? Anyways, a week or two will hopefully tell definitively.

Metalmanstan--Thanks for keeping us informed.

EDIT: Yep, I just expanded the search area to most of Oneonta and the date back to 2017 and there were no digging alerts listed at all. So, maybe the search function isn't working properly or that area doesn't participate in that system.

They might be installing it!! They just started today. Tomorrow or maybe Wednesday I'll Get pictures of the contractors and maybe ask the people inside if its a supercharger station. Can't think of anything else it would be. I drive by hear every day to work so I'm always looking.View attachment 427687 View attachment 427686
Great find! Should we wait for Supercharger equipment to arrive before adding it on Supercharge Info? Although, the location does seem much like the one from the photo by @gtr987 in December. Thoughts @mociaf9 @Chuq

I would wait off adding to anything yet. Asked a person inside and they said that they're just redoing some of the parking lot. Which I think is false because the parking lot is in great shape. Plus, the contractors doing the work are MCM Solutions Wireless Services?? Might have to wait a week or two to see the real progress of this one. What usually happens to confirm? Spotting of Telsa logos? Other stuck like electrical equipment?

Reactions: mociaf9
I would wait off adding to anything yet. Asked a person inside and they said that they're just redoing some of the parking lot. Which I think is false because the parking lot is in great shape. Plus, the contractors doing the work are MCM Solutions Wireless Services?? Might have to wait a week or two to see the real progress of this one. What usually happens to confirm? Spotting of Telsa logos? Other stuck like electrical equipment?
"Redoing some of the parking lot," sounds to me like the Telephone Game result of someone telling whoever you spoke to that work was going to be done in the parking lot. Not necessarily like they are trying to give bad information. As for confirming, people look for hardware that is recognizable as part of a Tesla supercharger shows up. Most often this is either the supercharger cabinets or the precast concrete bases that the pedestals are attached to.

@Mr. PlugShare - I would also vote to wait. IMO, nothing significant is lost by delaying an update on the map a week or two until there is some additional confirmation. My personal view is that edits where a site's status is changed and then regressed after discovering it was a false alarm should be minimized to all possible extents. Basically, I'd prefer 100% reliable info over having the absolutely earliest possible knowledge. But again, this is a purely personal opinion which may cut no ice with SC.info editorial policy.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Went back yesterday and they seem to be cutting horizontal lines in the concrete for about a 50-60ft area. Plus one end seems to be dug up more to maybe put the electricity box. I'll keep you guys updated. Was going to ask one of the workers but they were both sleeping in the truck!! Hahahahha

Reactions: PStewart
fwiw the contractor mentioned in the Sep2018 Oneonta Planning Board minutes was GPD Engineering.

Electric Vehicle Charging : GPD Group

of course that doesnt mean they couldnt sub out portions of the project to other contractors, although my googling for "mcm wireless" entities suggests expertise installing drive-tru related gear. But again, many "mcm" search hits and that could be a completely spurious association with the mcm mentioned in earlier posts.