Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oneonta, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone confirm if V3 or not? Tesla website indicates 150kw, but A better route planner indicates 250kw?
Thin cables with no silver ring between cable and wand as seen here indicate V3/250kW. Here's a comparison between V2 and V3 cables, V3 is on the left.
V3-Cable-Left-V2-Cable-Right.png

Last edited:
Yeah, it's absolutely a V3. The thinner cable's a give-away. I also got 150 kW in my 2018 Model S, which I've never managed from a V2! Note that there's a Panera and Five Guys just up the hill past the furniture place. Note, however, that the restrooms in both are closed for the immediate future due to the virus.

Supercharged my 2015 S70D on 04APR and 05APR (68K miles, carbrain typically estimates ~228 miles near full charge vs rated 240).

Even though the station is V3 my best guess based on these 2 charging sessions is older models such as mine will likely experience only marginal or no improved charge rates across the SOC range.

I did notice:

1) each pedestal appears to have active cooling built into the pedestal for the power distribution equipment. There's a noticeable persistent fan noise in all the pedestals even while not actively supercharging.

2) near end of charge the time remaining indicator is more granular. instead of 5 minute increments it indicated in 1 minute increments. Not sure if that's due to newer firmware build since last supercharge or due to first time ive used a V3 supercharger or both.

3) as mentioned before many food and comfort options nearby and easy off/on access from highway. i suggest easiest/safest off/on from highway direction is go straight thru the traffic light as you're facing mcdonalds/wendy's then left to go toward superchargers. go back out the same way via traffic light.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.41.05 AM.png

Reactions: RTPEV