Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oneonta, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fwiw the contractor mentioned in the Sep2018 Oneonta Planning Board minutes was GPD Engineering.

Electric Vehicle Charging : GPD Group

of course that doesnt mean they couldnt sub out portions of the project to other contractors, although my googling for "mcm wireless" entities suggests expertise installing drive-tru related gear. But again, many "mcm" search hits and that could be a completely spurious association with the mcm mentioned in earlier posts.
GPD doesn't do the actual construction. The jobs are bid out and area GCs and subcontractors are hired for the construction phase. GPD does the site design and engineering as well as project management up through the permitting phase. Pretty much everything up to the point where dirt starts to move.

Whoops. Forgot to upload the photo
IMG_20190713_202601_1.jpg

Would be good to get "start of construction" confirmed so we could update the status at supercharger.info. Oneonta's availability will be key for people doing long range trip planning. @Metalmanstan : I agree with your conclusion that this is the actual SC start of construction. Outside of Boston there are several SCs under construction. It appears that once the "digging starts," it's perhaps 3 months until completion (just a spitball estimate).

Conduit in place for all 8 pedestals.

Installers are the same folks whom have installed several more superchargers including Binghamton, Ithaca, Victory, Waterloo, etc...

Super nice folks and more than happy to inform us.

Didnt venture a guess on operational date due to the many variables, but to my non-expert eyes they're making good progress. Turns out this trenching location is on top of a natgas right-of-way so has not been trivial.

One of the installers mentioned another non-Tesla set of EV charging stations will be installed along the same side of the parking further back.

No pads yet for xformer and power electronics.

IMG_0454.jpeg

Some progress at Oneonta. Looking better but work still to be done.

Interesting - thanks for the update! Looks like all the utility gear is there (transformer (I think), meter, and switchgear), but none of the Tesla parts. There's been speculation about a pedestal shortage in other threads - perhaps that's what's holding things up here. In any case it should be up in short order once those things show up.

Thanks for info. Wow, this is slow going!

Yeah the two i am most interested in lately are the Leibert Rd one outside of Hartford and this one. Both have stalled out. Leibert road has been under construction for 240 days or so according to supercharger.info.

But at least they are building them and they will come eventually i am sure.

Oneonta is a particularly important one i would imagine with Cooperstown there and it being such a long distance between Albany and Binghamton.

Reactions: geowhjr