TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - ontario ca

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Gregsbeach, Aug 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Gregsbeach

Gregsbeach Member

It appears that one of the new "coming soon" dots is in the Ontario CA area. This will be a great location for N/S and E/W trips. Anyone with info and updates???

2. Gear

Gear Member

I'm very much looking forward to this one. I only live about 30 miles away, but up in the mountains, so it takes about 65 miles of rated range to get home from Ontario. If I've been driving around in LA, I either have to go out of my way to Hawthorne, which often has a considerable amount of traffic, or I have to wait at a 30a charger somewhere to make sure I can make it home comfortably. Being able to stop here for a few minutes once or twice a week would make my life much easier!

3. Gregsbeach

Gregsbeach Member

One of my friends with a Tesla lives in Arrowhead and that hill is a beast.....it eats three miles of charge for every mile travelled going up the hill.

4. Gear

Gear Member

Yeah, I think the last 5 or so miles I'm eating 4-5 miles of range for every mile travelled at 60mph. It gets pretty steep! The first 15-20 miles aren't bad. Inversely, going to Ontario is pretty nice. I end up using about 2 miles of range by the time I get there. :)

5. Getinring

Getinring Member

I'm looking forward to this Ontario location as well. Would really help out. Curious if anybody knows any projected site yet or date

6. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Just reported to be in Rancho Cucamonga

7. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37