TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger opening in South Lake Tahoe

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by nnick01, Apr 24, 2017.

1. nnick01

nnick01 Member

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I'm having difficulty finding future superchargers. I don't see a filter or view for that and can't seem to zoom in the map. Any hints?

3. soccerMX

soccerMX Member

4. nnick01

nnick01 Member

The website was down for a bit. Try again

5. Scrith

Scrith Member

Wow, it shows a LOT of superchargers opening "by end of 2017" in California. I find it a bit hard to believe they'll add that many that quickly, but who knows?

6. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

That's been in the works for years... I hope it actually happens...

Jeff

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Very cool!

And this thread is in the "Northwest" discussions why? o_O:p;)

• Like x 1
  8. nnick01

nnick01 Member

No idea. I had it under charging. I guess an op moved it.

9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I saw that after I'd posted. Strange indeed.

Back on tooic, it will be great to have this for visits to Tahoe! A great place to visit anytime of year!

10. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

South Lake Tahoe has been on the future superchargers map for ages. Nothing's really changed. They just need to build it.

11. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Couldn't be more excited for this. I've been hanging out at Harvey's like a gambling addict just to get my kWs off.

• Like x 1
  12. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

For reference, here is the site for searching for building permits in Douglas County Nevada (since Tesla says it will be in Stateline). You can search for Tesla in the Applicant's Name (right now finding only the Gardnerville site) or you can enter 514 (and later 515, 516 etc.) under Permit or Application Number to see the most recent permits in the system. The list can be narrowed down to just those which have no issue date or have an issue date after the application date since a plan check will be needed.

13. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

If it's really gonna be on the Nevada side, the most likely spot would be the Harvey's parking lot between Harvey's and Lake Parkway. I suppose they could put it at Montbleu or somewhere near the Kingsbury Grade intersection, such as Lakeside, but those would be fairly mediocre locations.

The better locations would be on the CA side. I know some here mentioned the "Y," but I think the better locations are closer to the state line.

14. miimura

miimura Active Member

One obvious location would be the "South Y Center" where Emerald Bay Blvd. and Lake Tahoe Blvd. split. IIRC, NRG will be installing some dual standard chargers there. ChargePoint will also be installing a pair of their new DCFCs on Heavenly Village Way with CEC grant funds. Both of those sites should be open this year.

15. cpa

cpa Active Member

Personally, I would vote for something in or near Meyers. Too frequently traffic just crawls through SLT, even if one detours via Pioneer Trail. Congestion is the norm at Stateline.

Highway 89 continues south to Alpine County and highway 88. From late spring until the first heavy snowfall, highway 89 is an alternate (and better in my opinion) route to get from SLT to US395 via Markleeville and Monitor Pass.

16. Tony8489

Tony8489 Member

+1 We had our first Tesla trip to Tahoe in late March, using the Reno charger and staying at the Best Western by the Brockway/Tuckee charger. We skied Mt. Rose and Squaw. Our Tesla will not go to South Shore until that charger is built.

17. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. McManX

McManX Member

So does this thread need to be moved to the Mountain/Southwest (Nevada) sub-forum? o_O

• Funny x 1
  19. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Technically? Yes. haha! :rolleyes::p;)

20. cpa

cpa Active Member

I just emailed Blueshift at supercharge.info to inform him of the good news.

• Like x 1