Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moosic, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be back in town this weekend if no one has a chance to swing by earlier.
But the way things have been going @madodel will probably beat me to it :)
Not this weekend. My son drives himself back from Marywood today. Next time I am up in that area is in a couple weeks. Let us know what you discover. :)

Planning a drive to Binghamton, NY from DC this weekend, if anyone has an update if it's opened or not, that would be clutch!

Last weekend, my sister and my father took my S (60kWh) up, and it took them about 8.5-9 hours each way! Normally, that drive takes about 6 hours.

I got winter tires on my S right now though, plus it was snowing so the range deteriorates a little bit. But still, when they got to Bing, they only had 11 miles of charge left! Hopefully this will alleviate that range anxiety a lot!

I got winter tires on my S right now though, plus it was snowing so the range deteriorates a little bit.
Hey, it's winter. The tires are a great benefit.
I nearly got sideways last week coming south on I-81 around Pottsville. Regen and a calm head saved me when the road got slick. I know I'd be telling a different story if I was driving an ICE. The reminder to get new tires jumped to the top priority after that experience.

Reactions: madodel
Planning a drive to Binghamton, NY from DC this weekend, if anyone has an update if it's opened or not, that would be clutch!

Last weekend, my sister and my father took my S (60kWh) up, and it took them about 8.5-9 hours each way! Normally, that drive takes about 6 hours.

I got winter tires on my S right now though, plus it was snowing so the range deteriorates a little bit. But still, when they got to Bing, they only had 11 miles of charge left! Hopefully this will alleviate that range anxiety a lot!

Why did it take so long? I'm curious.

Just drove by there today to pick up lunch. The chargers are in, though, they aren't accessible yet. Construction stuff is still there and it looked like the chargers are literally be unpacked today. This is a potential gamechanger for me. I live in a townhouse while my wife is doing her residency and didn't have charging available....but now that this is going in...

Just drove by there today to pick up lunch. The chargers are in, though, they aren't accessible yet. Construction stuff is still there and it looked like the chargers are literally be unpacked today. This is a potential gamechanger for me. I live in a townhouse while my wife is doing her residency and didn't have charging available....but now that this is going in...
OK, I will bite.
You shouldn't buy a BEV (Battery-powered Electrical Vehicle) if you don't have the ability to charge it. Sorry. Superchargers are, in fact, intended for use in facilitating long distance travel, not as your main source of electricity. Lobby your landlord/employer/parking garage to put in, or allow you to put in, an outside plug, preferably 240V. Driving to a Supercharger to fill up not only wastes 60-90 minutes of your time, it also utilizes a shared resource that others then cannot use while you are using it.

Sorry.

Order now so you can get free supercharging. I had @home charging when I ordered and took delivery, but then had a change in living situation so that I didn't have it anymore. You will definitely miss out on a lot of the convenience of driving an electric car, and you will have residual range anxiety during the week. And hanging out at superchargers to get a weekly charge is definitely not fun. But it still beats gas stations. And when you do get at home charging, you will love it and appreciate it.

OK, I will bite.
You shouldn't buy a BEV (Battery-powered Electrical Vehicle) if you don't have the ability to charge it. Sorry. Superchargers are, in fact, intended for use in facilitating long distance travel, not as your main source of electricity. Lobby your landlord/employer/parking garage to put in, or allow you to put in, an outside plug, preferably 240V. Driving to a Supercharger to fill up not only wastes 60-90 minutes of your time, it also utilizes a shared resource that others then cannot use while you are using it.

Sorry.

I agree that the ideal situation is charging from home. It's easier, it's simpler, and it makes more sense. But, there are lots of people who both can afford a tesla and don't have access to a home charger.

Reactions: 5YJSA
IMG_2226.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
IMG_2224.JPG
IMG_2223.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG

Still wrapped in plastic.

This showed up on the Tesla site. it looks like it will be going by the locality "Moosic, PA" - does a mod want to edit the thread title?

Find Us | Tesla
Honestly no one knows where Moosic is except people who live there. Everyone will call it Scranton. But since Tesla labelled it Moosic because that is technically where it is so be it. At least it will show up on the Nav so people will know where it is.

OK, I will bite.

Sorry.

Or, just make sure you charge at off-peak hours.