Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Openings at Standstill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I follow multiple sites to remain current. Teslarati lists a supercharger opening in Norway a month ago; Baker CA opening 2 months ago. Does it seem the pace of new superchargers opening is at a crawl when with the M3 hitting the streets it should be ramping up much faster. I've also noticed that SuC progress of those under construction is snail like. Danbury CT and Woodbridge NJ seem to be in the state where all someone has to do is flip a switch to make them usable Opinions?

Uhm:
There were 65 New Superchargers OPENED in December 2017.
That averages to over TWO NEW Superchargers opened per day for that month (by far an away the most in a single month).

Currently, there have been 19 New Superchargers already OPENED in January 2018.

Please check out Supercharge.info, they are a very viable and "up to the minute" resource for accurate information.
Are there still some paths that could use some more Superchargers? Yes.

When I got my car in July 2013, there were a Grand Total of SEVEN Superchargers in the World.
Today's Supercharger Total is 1,146.
All selected, located, engineered and built by Tesla. Most have been solely funded by Tesla, some are partially funded by local communities or businesses.

My Supercharger glass is way more than Half-Full.
In my immediate vicinity, soon there will be THREE more Superchargers completed in North Texas (DFW Area) alone.
ANOTHER 35 are currently under Construction in United States.
And another five under Construction are under Construction in Canada.
Probably a couple are under Construction in Mexico (not identified, most of them just are added without any prior notice).

I follow multiple sites to remain current. Teslarati lists a supercharger opening in Norway a month ago; Baker CA opening 2 months ago. Does it seem the pace of new superchargers opening is at a crawl when with the M3 hitting the streets it should be ramping up much faster. I've also noticed that SuC progress of those under construction is snail like. Danbury CT and Woodbridge NJ seem to be in the state where all someone has to do is flip a switch to make them usable Opinions?

Six new sites have opened in the United States so far in January, eight have started construction and six more have entered “permit” status according to Supercharge.info

The pace has slowed down slightly since the big push between Thanksgiving and the end of 2017, but progress continues. As of right now, there are thirty-eight sites under construction in the U.S.

supercharge.info shows the following:
upload_2018-1-31_16-57-45.png

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H