Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orangeburg, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't recall seeing any others at spinx locations, but I could be misremembering.
It hasn't been noted, as far as I am aware.

Buuuuuutttttt there are a couple of other Spinx close to I-26 north of Orangeburg, SC.

34.936190821028575, -81.98981949161826
1507 W O. Ezell Blvd, Spartanburg, SC 29301

And
34.06990848906579, -81.1378125597439
495 Piney Grove Rd, Columbia, SC 29210

That would give:
Asheville - Thetford St, NC
56.1 miles
Spartanburg, SC
84.3 miles
Columbia - Piney Grove Rd, SC
41.8 miles
Orangeburg, SC

However, if it's just a franchise chain, it'd be more about the franchise holders.

I don't recall seeing any others at spinx locations, but I could be misremembering.
I'm not aware of any other superchargers at Spinx either but there are at least two in Greenville with EVgo chargers. The EVgo chargers have been there since at least 2017. IMO, Spinx gets it. They know they'll have a captive audience for 15-20 minutes to buy $3 soft drinks, etc.

I'm not aware of any other superchargers at Spinx either but there are at least two in Greenville with EVgo chargers. The EVgo chargers have been there since at least 2017. IMO, Spinx gets it. They know they'll have a captive audience for 15-20 minutes to buy $3 soft drinks, etc.
Yes, there are 7 Spinx outlets that are hosting EVgo charging stations, 5 of which are in the Greenville vicinity (the other 2 are in Columbia and North Charleston). While these are all just single 50kW units, hopefully the chain will start to see the positive benefits of hosting larger scale EV charging.

Yeah, I remember the EVGo stations. They have one near the EA in Columbia that I've always thought of as a backup, and they have a pretty convenient location in Boiling Springs, SC too. Its just too bad that the pricing is horrible for them in SC, and their chademo always underperforms the EA stations.

I always wondered if being an early adopter and seeing low traffic actually was part of what was holding them back on adding more. It seemed like they added these years ago and then stopped.

I guess they've now realized that there are better options. :)

The Gaffney area would really help with trips to and from Charlotte along I-85. The existing Charlotte locations aren't great for getting in and out of the city from that direction.
I have a home/cabin in the Lake Lure area...
The US 74 bypass around Shelby is well along and is funded. I think that the Kings Mountain are - where I-85 splits from US 74 (west of Gastonia) - would be a better fit to serve not just Charlotte traffic but also Blue Ridge traffic as well.

Reactions: mechrock
I have a home/cabin in the Lake Lure area...
The US 74 bypass around Shelby is well along and is funded. I think that the Kings Mountain are - where I-85 splits from US 74 (west of Gastonia) - would be a better fit to serve not just Charlotte traffic but also Blue Ridge traffic as well.
I wouldn't complain about that either. I've had trips where that would be really helpful.

Also, if I'm remembering right, I've taken that route before to get around the current crazyness that is I85 in that part of South Carolina.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors
37332F67-20A6-4B93-91B5-D58705BD190C.jpeg
Looks like this opened today. Spinx isn’t open yet though.

There is a new supercharger coming to SC. I do not see any other post. The Spinx in Orangeburg Supercharger is nearly completed. The local Tesla Columbia group had a drive to this new location. Based off the photos it should be opening very soon.

Orangeburg, SC 29118
According to the map in the UI, it's up and running. 1 stall is out of order already, but 8 total (250 kw).

Great to see a dedicated I-26 supercharger in SC. Visited the new one in Lexington the other day and the closed ramp off of I-20W made the trip even more of a detour than it had to be. Really looking forward to an easy I-26 drive in the not too distant future.