Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orangeburg, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This photo was posted by a member of the Tesla Columbia Facebook group.

Attachments

• D68EAF44-C942-4EF6-A4EF-1F0174DC9117.jpeg
    D68EAF44-C942-4EF6-A4EF-1F0174DC9117.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 354
Hey people! It's a gosh darn I-26 Supercharger under construction and you're all, like, whatever.

I think I remember people not buying a car based on this not happening soon enough for their liking. Or so they said. ;)

Love the I am not buying until a supercharger fits my perfect use.

Last edited:
@jjrandorin can you please move to the Southeast sub forum? Thank you

I would recommend reporting the thread and asking a moderator to move it. TMC is a large website and has moderation duties (and permissions) spread amongst various people. I dont have moderation permissions in this subforum so I cant move anything from this subforum.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
There is a new supercharger coming to SC. I do not see any other post. The Spinx in Orangeburg Supercharger is nearly completed. The local Tesla Columbia group had a drive to this new location. Based off the photos it should be opening very soon.

Orangeburg, SC 29118
Seems like this one came out of nowhere, but GREAT NEWS!

Reactions: loganwatson
There is a new supercharger coming to SC. I do not see any other post. The Spinx in Orangeburg Supercharger is nearly completed. The local Tesla Columbia group had a drive to this new location. Based off the photos it should be opening very soon.

Orangeburg, SC 29118
Best news I’ve had yet today! I know, it’s still early. This will be hard to beat. The only thing that could is news of a supercharger east of Knoxville on I-40.

I would recommend reporting the thread and asking a moderator to move it. TMC is a large website and has moderation duties (and permissions) spread amongst various people. I dont have moderation permissions in this subforum so I cant move anything from this subforum.

I reported the thread when I posted and requested it be moved to the Southeast forum. Thanks to whoever took care of it. :)

This location will really help. I was excited when Tesla opened the V3 in Lexington SC as it is faster and easier to get to than the original Columbia V2 Supercharger. With this location I can easily charge there and make it all the way to Asheville on my trip from Florida.

Reactions: sfuape
Orangeburg, SC

Along Primary Interstates: I-26
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-21, US-178, US-301, US-601
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-26

To: North Charleston, SC - 69 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: End (Charleston, SC) - 75.9 miles

US-21

To: Columbia, SC - 51.6 miles
Diversion: 5.2 miles
To: Charlotte - Northlake Centre Pkwy, NC - 143.6 miles

US-178

To: End (US-64 Rosman, NC) - 201.3 miles
Diversion: 7.3 miles

US-301

To: Santee, SC - 29.7 miles
Diversion: 9.6 miles
To: Lumberton, NC - 159.5 miles

US-601

To: Mt Airy, NC - 235.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: End (US-52 Mount Airy, NC) - 237.5 miles

Rejoice! The Orangeburg, SC Supercharger is beginning to fill the Great I-26 Gap.
OK, so still 180.4 from Asheville - Thetford St, NC, but that's at least a much more traversible gap than before, so just one Supercharger away from making it easy, and two from making it quite natural.

Also, this Supercharger will be within range of 4 US Numbered Highways, is on US-601 and is the first Supercharger within range of US-178.