Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCFC - Orlando, FL - W Robinson St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of Florida’s largest high-speed charging hubs is coming to downtown Orlando in 2021

One of Florida’s largest high-speed charging hubs is coming to downtown Orlando in 2021

"OUC, the City of Orlando, Orange County and Power Electronics are partners in the project. This project will be completed in 2021 and it will be one of the largest high-speed charging hubs in Florida. The hub will feature up to 22 “Level 3” charging stations, including 16 Tesla Superchargers. The six universal chargers will boast up to 350 kilowatts."

Location appears to be here - 28.545986, -81.381115 - now added to supercharge.info.

The renders in the article just appear to use generic models for the charging units so there is no confirmation as to whether these are urban or V3, however the fact that universal chargers are 350 kW suggests that the Tesla ones will most likely be V3.

Looking forward to this location. Very close to I-4. I can see tourists using this instead of stopping at the upcoming Millenia Supercharger. Much quicker in and out. Biggest problem is to avoid area at night; lots of crime when the sun goes down! Sand Lake Road Supercharger is still an option for those visiting or leaving the theme parks. Orlando is going electric, so it should see a lot of use.

Work appears to be starting. Heavy Equipment is present today starting to work on the site. Pic is from my office window... look two blocks out on the right side...

Attachments

• D909DB41-264B-4938-A0B2-DB5478A35C2B.jpeg
    D909DB41-264B-4938-A0B2-DB5478A35C2B.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 288
It looks like the project name on the Orlando City permit site is "OUC Robinson Site Charging Hub". There are currently 1 closed and 2 open permits:

Permit NumberProject NameAddressStatus
ARB2020-10075OUC W Robinson Car Charging Hub129 W ROBINSON STClosed
MPL2021-10006OUC Robinson Site Charging Hub129 W ROBINSON STOpen
SUB2021-10020OUC Robinson Site Charging Hub Plat129 W ROBINSON STOpen

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.19.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.19.48 PM.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 79
If I'm reading the permits right, it looks like the master plan was finally approved.... So hopefully we will start seeing construction in the not too distant future.
Initially, the OUC plan called for installing 16 Tesla Supercharger charging posts and 6 universal DC Fast Chargers. I am informed that the current plan calls for 22 generic DC Fast Chargers made by Power Electronics. OUC is requesting that Tesla provide Tesla connectors to allow Power Electronics to install multiple charging connectors on the universal chargers. I believe that it is unlikely that Tesla will do that. If so, there won't be any provisions for high-speed charging of Teslas at this Charging Hub with the exception of those Tesla owners who have CHAdeMO adapters.

Larry

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Initially, the OUC plan called for installing 16 Tesla Supercharger charging posts and 6 universal DC Fast Chargers. I am informed that the current plan calls for 22 generic DC Fast Chargers made by Power Electronics. OUC is requesting that Tesla provide Tesla connectors to allow Power Electronic to install multiple charging connectors on the universal chargers. I believe that it is unlikely that Tesla will do that. If so, there won't be any provisions for high-speed charging of Teslas at this Charging Hub with the exception of those Tesla owners who have CHAdeMO adapters.

Larry
I’ve seen videos of Tesla adapters hanging at Electrify America stations, so I’m hopeful :)

Edit: it was EVGo

Last edited:
I’ve seen videos of Tesla adapters hanging at Electrify America stations, so I’m hopeful :)

Edit: it was EVGo
Yes, Tesla is providing EVGo with Tesla connectors.

However, I was informed by Tesla that while they will provide Tesla connectors to the nation’s largest public fast-charging network, it is unlikely that they would do that for a single standalone installation.

I find it puzzling that Tesla was offering to provide 16 Supercharger charging posts for free, but OUC instead chooses to pay Power Electronics for an additional 16 of their fast chargers.

Larry