Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCFC - Orlando, FL - W Robinson St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orlando Robinson St Mobility Hub construction as of 2-22-2022

Attachments

• 8FC28121-E4D3-46BC-8A9C-5EEF5FB57BE7.jpeg
    8FC28121-E4D3-46BC-8A9C-5EEF5FB57BE7.jpeg
    872.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 0ABEDED9-EC3D-4FD5-B42A-AB8E3111709A.jpeg
    0ABEDED9-EC3D-4FD5-B42A-AB8E3111709A.jpeg
    784.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 011BED5C-6212-47E9-8DA8-5FCA90B464CF.jpeg
    011BED5C-6212-47E9-8DA8-5FCA90B464CF.jpeg
    658.7 KB · Views: 113
Do you know what the plan is there? I still don't see this location on the map of upcoming superchargers on Tesla's website for some reason
No, my comment was just based on the information in the opening post of this thread about the combined charging hub planned for this site. The pictured infrastructure was only for the non-Tesla equipment, Tesla's superchargers have their underground conduit laid out in a different pattern. But that doesn't give any information about the Tesla side.

Reactions: d1ez3
Or just that they aren't going to get completed at the same time, i.e. Tesla will build their portion later. I don't think there's anything more we can figure out just from looking at the site unless and until Tesla equipment shows up. A better approach would be for someone to contact the city authority shepherding the project and see if it's still working to the same plan.

This is the latest information from an email I received yesterday from Pete Westlake, the project manager from OUC for the Robinson St charging hub when I asked him if there were still going to be 16 Tesla Superchargers installed:

“We decided to self perform. We are still planning 20 high speed stations they will be equipped with ccs or chademo ports. We have experienced delays so targeted for summer.”

I also spoke to Pete Westlake today and he said Tesla was very interested, but they were never able to agree on the sharing arrangement so they are not included. The new site will include both CCS and ChaDeMo plugs to accommodate all current and older EVs. Supply chain issues have delayed delivery of equipment so he thinks at least part of the site will be operational by summer.