Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oshkosh, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to see Tesla following through on their Supercharger expansion; they’ve made a ton of much needed progress in Wisconsin. Now please get us a service center!

Anywho, I live in Oshkosh and think this location will an excellent choice. It’s only a couple minutes of 41 and there’s a Menard’s adjacent to the Festival Foods along with a handful of fast food restaurants in the center (Culver’s, Wendy’s, Cousin’s Subs, etc.). There’s also a good Mexican restaurant called Paloma across the street that’d be a very short walk.

Poster on reddit claims construction has started

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/7cd79n/tesla_charging_station_being_constructed_in/

Tesla charging station construction in Wisconsin
kjdSzB3.jpg

Reactions: calisnow
Heading up to Green Bay the end of December. Hoping they flip the switch and it's good to go before then. Will make the trip a lot nicer than going through Chicago.
Why not just go Rockford->Madison->Green Bay? I drive from Madison to Appleton rather easily in our S85; Green Bay's not much further. Do you just have a 60? If you're really in a bind, there are free L2's around Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, and Appleton...

This is apparently getting pretty close to completion... photo posted today in WI Tesla Owners Facebook group:
I happened to be over here yesterday and swung by to take a quick look. The charging stations and superchargers are all in place but there's no fencing or transformer visible (if it's even needed?). I'd say we're still a couple weeks out but am hopeful this will be operational by the end of the year. I only saw 6 charging stations so this will be a relatively small location but, no doubt, this will make life a lot easier for a lot of people.

I'll also add the parking lot this charger is in at the Festival Foods is a ZOO. I wouldn't be surprised to see the charging spots get ICED during peak times so hopefully they make the signage very clear.

Why not just go Rockford->Madison->Green Bay? I drive from Madison to Appleton rather easily in our S85; Green Bay's not much further. Do you just have a 60? If you're really in a bind, there are free L2's around Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, and Appleton...

I should have been more specific. We'll probably take the route you suggest, however, whenever I route it through our X, Tesla navigation has us going through Chicago. Long story short we need to be able to go from Madison -> Appleton -> Madison on a charge. We won't be going all the way up to Green Bay in our vehicle. If they can get the supercharger in Oshkosk up and running it will really help with that. If not we'll just find an L2 station to get some juice from to help with the winter travel. Again I say to myself, really should have went with the 100 instead of the 75 haha.

Reactions: iluvmacs
however, whenever I route it through our X, Tesla navigation has us going through Chicago.
In my experience (over 117,000 Model S miles) it is not a good idea to rely on Tesla navigation for your route selection. I always plan long trips with Google maps beforehand. I generally find that if there are alternatives, Tesla nav will choose the longest or the slowest or ideally both at the same time (and it gives preference to toll roads even if not necessary.) Once I know the route I will allow Tesla to navigate if it's distance and time agree with my Google maps estimates, otherwise out comes the iPhone.

Reactions: calisnow
In my experience (over 117,000 Model S miles) it is not a good idea to rely on Tesla navigation for your route selection. I always plan long trips with Google maps beforehand. I generally find that if there are alternatives, Tesla nav will choose the longest or the slowest or ideally both at the same time (and it gives preference to toll roads even if not necessary.) Once I know the route I will allow Tesla to navigate if it's distance and time agree with my Google maps estimates, otherwise out comes the iPhone.

We usually do a mixture. It's interesting to see where Tesla tries to take you.

Does anyone near Oshkosh have an update on this station? Just wondering how progress is going.