Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oshkosh, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you aware of the scale of EAA?
Other than reading this thread over the last couple years, I'm not that familiar with it. But I'm sure it isn't grander in scale than a SpaceX launch or the 2017 solar eclipse. These type of events will create obvious bottlenecks and people shouldn't be surprised when the superchargers are full with people waiting immediately after the event. By supercharging responsibly, we can greatly reduce these problems and most importantly greatly reduce wait times for ourselves.

How's crowding this year with the EAA air show? There are almost 10x the Teslas on the road compared to 2019 when I last attended. This little 6 stall station is going to get hammered all week!

There is a big overlap between pilots and Tesla owners too so I'd expect hundreds of Teslas in the area.

You won’t know it holds up to the stress test until Monday once the show officially starts. My suggestion from 2019 stands though to avoid it in the hour after the air show completes, unless you want to socialize with Tesla owners that are pilots. Charge up in the morning on the way to the grounds, not when you are leaving for the day.

Any reports from charging Monday? Headed to the airshow today. I'll probably charge there tomorrow morning before going the EAA airshow.
It's currently hovering around 4-5 occupied stalls at 6:30 pm. One stall might be broken.

Attachments

• 20210727_184334.jpg
    20210727_184334.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 111
I've been concerned in year's past, but never ran into an issue. I went in the morning around 7-8AM to top up to 80-90% and it wasn't busy. I imagine that after the show there could be a line. Please post here with your observations. It will help people next year.

The number of Teslas on the road has expanded greatly just since last year and there is a big overlap between pilots and Tesla drivers.

I'm back again to this thread this year for the EAA airshow. I'm not attending this year, but I'm using the app to monitor demand.

I've seen it go to >25 minute wait time, it's currently down somewhat with 1 stall available. 2B is out of order.

I'm predicting it's going to be very busy this year.

If past years are anything to go by, the best time to charge is before the event...6AM-8AM or so to top off and then go to the event.

Screenshot_20230723-123031.png