Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Osoyoos, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google street view of the proposed lot. I think the lot itself is just too narrow to make the spots non-angled. There is enough room to widen the lot a bit, but maybe that's too expensive or the city won't allow that? Should make for a pretty unique supercharger location. I do wonder how they will install the chargers though, as it looks like it would be difficult to back in... maybe pull in forward style slots?

upload_2020-12-28_10-7-6.png

Definitely will be difficult to back into the charging stalls unless they swap the entrance/exits. This further highlights the problem of the charging location on each vehicle. Tesla vehicles have the absolutely worst charge port location for angle parking, especially on-street. This narrow dual-sided lot will only make the problem worse.

Definitely will be difficult to back into the charging stalls unless they swap the entrance/exits. This further highlights the problem of the charging location on each vehicle. Tesla vehicles have the absolutely worst charge port location for angle parking, especially on-street. This narrow dual-sided lot will only make the problem worse.

They may convert it to perpendicular parking on one side (and thus fit 8 chargers on one side). The other side could be parallel parking, or empty.

They may convert it to perpendicular parking on one side (and thus fit 8 chargers on one side). The other side could be parallel parking, or empty.
That will be difficult since there are currently 12 parking spaces in this location. From the 1st post in this thread:
In addition to the eight Tesla supercharger stations, Tesla has agreed to install four universal chargers at the site and an additional four universal chargers at another site in downtown

That will be difficult since there are currently 12 parking spaces in this location. From the 1st post in this thread:

From post 74, the plan was updated to replace the 4 L2 with 3 CCS/CHAdeMO (if gov't grant is approved): Supercharger - Osoyoos, BC

And that plan also shows a diagram that suggests they'll keep the angled parking (maybe they will reverse travel direction?)
Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 4.56.46 PM.png

Edit: And yes, this could create directional confrontations between Teslas and Nissan Leafs! :)

Last edited:
From the ‘take with a grain of salt’ department, Tesla’s website recently updated target dates for future Superchargers and Osoyoos now says 2nd quarter of 2021.
E253591B-E94E-4D3B-8374-3EB8FB408166.jpeg

As many of you know, this map is notoriously off, it also now shows no Supercharger currently open at Hope, but shows a target opening there in the 3rd quarter. It also dropped a working Supercharger in Vancouver Washington.

• Funny
Reactions: PStewart
From the ‘take with a grain of salt’ department, Tesla’s website recently updated target dates for future Superchargers and Osoyoos now says 2nd quarter of 2021.
View attachment 624352
As many of you know, this map is notoriously off, it also now shows no Supercharger currently open at Hope, but shows a target opening there in the 3rd quarter. It also dropped a working Supercharger in Vancouver Washington.

Thanks for the update, I just went and looked and they are now showing Supercharger locations for hwy 16 though Alberta

Perhaps the info I received from the workers on-site in Princeton last October wasn't entirely accurate with regard to Supercharger priority.

I haven't been on the Tesla site lately but it seems as if they are trying to give more specific info.

According to Tesla's website, Osoyoos is the highest priority BC Supercharger on the Crowsnest Highway.

upload_2021-1-18_8-58-47.png

• Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers