Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Osoyoos, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Yesterday, Osoyoos City Council has approved the installation of eight Supercharger stations.

From the detailed city council report located here:
https://osoyoos.civicweb.net/FileSt...2 REG RPT Electric Vehicle Charging Stati.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Osoyoos is located at the crossroads of Highways 3 and 97, it has been identified as a key link in the chain of electric vehicle charging stations within the province. With federal and provincial rebates being implemented recently, electric vehicles are increasingly becoming a viable option for personal vehicle ownership.

Tesla approached Town staff to identify a location within the community to install eight of their new supercharger stations. The municipal parking lot on 74th Avenue at 85th Street was identified as an ideal location, as it is currently under-utilized, sufficiently large enough to accommodate the charging stations, and within walking distance of Main Street, providing an opportunity for travelers to visit shops and restaurants while charging their vehicle.

In addition to the eight Tesla supercharger stations, Tesla has agreed to install four universal chargers at the site and an additional four universal chargers at another site in downtown, at their cost, to enable owners of non-Tesla electric vehicles to charge their vehicles, as well. The universal charging stations will have a similar charge time as the existing universal chargers at Gyro Park (2-6 hours). All construction and maintenance costs associated with the project will be paid by Tesla.

Next Steps
With Council’s approval, Tesla will begin site surveying in July, followed by installation of the charging stations later in summer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great find, thanks.

Seems like it'll be at the public parking lot on the SE corner of 87th Street and 74th Avenue 49.031788, -119.466962

Although the article says 85th, other references to parking there mention the public parking lot at 87th/74th.

Shown at this Google Streetview link: Google Maps

Given the view on Streetview, and the article saying 8 Supercharger spaces, plus 8 Level 2 AC, it seems like it's pretty much going to be a PEV parking lot. :)

@BlueShift / @Chuq. That's got to be worth a Permit pin.

Reactions: PStewart
Address: 8513 74th Ave, Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V3
GPS: 49.031690, -119.466928

EDIT: I just saw it got added to supercharge.info already. But I think the marker is in the wrong lot. I know the descriptions published list it as the parking lot at 74th Ave and 85th St. But the PDF that BlueSteel linked included the actual address of the lot (which I've used above). That address and lot is really right next to 87th St., not 85th.

@Chuq @Mr. PlugShare

Last edited:
This is a fantastic location for the community - far enough off of the strip/Hotels to not be perpetually ICEd/EVd, close enough to many decent restaurants, downstown shops and only a few minute walk to the beach.
This is a great location for the region - it's at a crossroads of Hwy 3 and 97. Highway 3 is going to be very well connected. Looks like the Petro Can on the east end of town will likely get some CCS chargers too.

I am thrilled for this location. My inlaws had a place down in Osoyoos and though I could have destination charged, there are a lot of Tesla owners that go wine touring in the region that could make use of this one.

Oosyoos, BC

Along National Highways: BC-3, BC-97

BC-3/AB-3:
To: Fort MacLeod, AB - 700.1 km
Diversion: 0 km
To: TCH at Medicine Hat, AB - 913.6 km

BC-97*

To: Kelowna, BC - 129.4 km
Diversion: 1.1 km
To: Kamloops, BC - 283.4 km

To: Coeur d'Alene, ID (BC-97/US-97, WA-155, WA-174, US-2, I-90) - 351.6km
To: Ritzville, WA (BC-97/US-97, WA-155, WA-174, US-2, WA-28, r, US-10H, I-90) - 310.8km
To: Kennewick, WA (BC-97/US-97, WA-17, US-395) - 387.4km
To: Ellensburg, WA (BC-97/US-97, WA-17, WA-28, WA-283, I-90) - 339.3km
To: Leavenworth, WA (BC-97/US-97, US-2) - 255km

At the intersection of BC-3 and BC-97, so a good location.
One of Tesla's planned Superchargers along BC-3.

* BC-97 connects to YT-1

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart and iMoe

EDIT: I just saw it got added to supercharge.info already. But I think the marker is in the wrong lot. I know the descriptions published list it as the parking lot at 74th Ave and 85th St. But the PDF that BlueSteel linked included the actual address of the lot (which I've used above). That address and lot is really right next to 87th St., not 85th.

@Chuq @Mr. PlugShare
Ah, the lot you mention makes more sense. It has a sign "Town of Osoyoos Public Parking" and it's empty which gels with the description of it being an underutilized city owned lot. The lot at 74th Ave & 85th Street looks busy (on Google Maps) and it's not clear if it's city owned as it looks like it's set up for nearby businesses.

Reactions: PStewart

@Chuq @Mr. PlugShare
Amazing. I know BC is more progressive, but still, that is a 100% conversion from ICE to EV parking. There are only twelve spots in that lot. I never thought I’d see this day, but finally people are starting to realize that the EV revolution is real. Sure, the signs won’t prohibit ICE parking, but my limited experience in BC has been to see much less ICEing than in the US.

Tesla will build 16 charging stations (V3) in the southern B.C. town of Osoyoos, located about halfway between Vancouver and the Alberta border:

https://osoyoos.civicweb.net/FileStorage/9CF4CC6A10E84F4FB614A4C8B433935E-2019 07 02 REG RPT Electric Vehicle Charging Stati.pdf

THIS IS THE THIRD OSOYOOS SUPERCHARGER THREAD POSTED IN LESS THAN A DAY!!! @Doug_G can you move/delete this thread and the other one posted in the Canada forum where I also flagged you? Thanks

Reactions: noicepls
The lot at 74th Ave & 85th Street looks busy (on Google Maps) and it's not clear if it's city owned as it looks like it's set up for nearby businesses.
That lot on the corner of 74th Ave and 85th St. is a city lot also. It's harder to see, but it has that same, "Town of Osoyoos, Public Parking" sign. It's visible from certain angles on Google Streetmaps when "standing" on 85th St: zoomed in view.

Amazing. I know BC is more progressive, but still, that is a 100% conversion from ICE to EV parking. There are only twelve spots in that lot. I never thought I’d see this day, but finally people are starting to realize that the EV revolution is real. Sure, the signs won’t prohibit ICE parking, but my limited experience in BC has been to see much less ICEing than in the US.
High gas prices helps a lot.

A fellow Model 3 owner went through Osoyoos today; he reports to me that there is no sign of activity on the ground. Last week he spoke with the planner, whom indicated that they have "started surveying". I have a trip to the coast on Labour Day weekend, crossing my fingers it goes quickly. (Thought not holding my breath, seeing how long the Salmon Arm location has been in 'permit' status on Supercharge info! 411 days and counting...)

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Drove by Osoyoos site this week, no sign of any change at this time, unfortunately. Hopefully some movement soon!

DB626216-D636-42A6-8042-0783E22CDA58.jpeg

Any updates on the Osoyoos Supercharger on if Construction has started? Anyone know anything about the ones that are supposed to be installed in Chelan and Okanogan in Washington on Hwy 97 as well? They are all listed as Coming in 2019 on the Tesla site. Would be helpful for trips I will need to make in the new year.

Thanks for any info.