Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oswego, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a 12 stall Supercharger is going in at the Meijer in Oswego.

2700 US-34, Oswego, IL 60543

Attachments

• IMG_4796.jpeg
    IMG_4796.jpeg
    936.1 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_4798.jpeg
    IMG_4798.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 131
Oswego, IL

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Meijer
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-30, US-34
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-30

To: Flossmoor, IL - 43.6 miles
Diversion: 3.4 miles
To: Merrillville, IN - 62.3 miles

US-34

To: Aurora - IL-59, IL - 8.3 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Oak Brook, IL - 25.5 miles

More Meijer, more US Numbered Highway v3 Supercharging.
Not a major splitter on either US-34 or US-30, but every little helps.

Looks like a 12 stall Supercharger is going in at the Meijer in Oswego.

2700 US-34, Oswego, IL 60543

Noice.

Where exactly in the parking lot is it located?

Hard to tell from the photos, but looks like it’s not near the existing 4 Electrify America chargers in the NE of the lot. Instead looks like it’s over closer to the Chick-Fil-A and Verizon store.(?)

Nearby food options include the aforementioned Chick-Fil-A, Panera, and Buffalo Wild Wings. A bit further away and/or across a busy road, you’ve also got Culver’s, Five Guys, Portillo’s, Panda Express, and Chili’s.

Noice.

Where exactly in the parking lot is it located?

Hard to tell from the photos, but looks like it’s not near the existing 4 Electrify America chargers in the NE of the lot. Instead looks like it’s over closer to the Chick-Fil-A and Verizon store.(?)

Nearby food options include the aforementioned Chick-Fil-A, Panera, and Buffalo Wild Wings. A bit further away and/or across a busy road, you’ve also got Culver’s, Five Guys, Portillo’s, Panda Express, and Chili’s.
You are correct, it is not right next to EA. Tesla is further west in the Meijer parking lot, essentially right across from Chick-fil-A.

Tesla highlighted in RED
EA circled in GREEN
6DDBF0C9-63B9-401A-B334-65022BFBEABE.jpeg

Fence has been taken down, though it is still roped off. I imagine it’s at the point where it just needs inspections and sign offs. Hopefully soon!

I wonder if the company that did this project along with the RT 59 location and North Aurora locations, Advanced Data Technologies, will also be doing the Randall Road corridor projects.
44D3FC57-191C-4613-93F7-CC0D7B314311.jpeg

Ouch… $0.45/kWh.

4CE92D2A-BE8C-4197-8741-EB5CD62537EF.jpeg

Also, I noticed that 4 of the stalls on the right end (stalls 3A-3D) are not turned on. The lights on the pedestals are off and they won’t charge if I plug in. (Hence it showing “8 stalls available” out of 12 even though no one is plugged in.)

72C5CDA1-6B9A-411B-B8EC-36A53BC51615.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Ouch is right! We're not California here! I pay 6.5 cents per kW at home. What is the average price at SC's around Chicago? (I don't have my car yet, so I can't see prices)

At that price they should carry a Portillo's meal over to your car for free.
Tesla recently jacked up Supercharger prices (again) nationwide.

IL and Chicagoland prices are now $0.38-$0.47/kWh.

Reactions: WyomingEV