TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Ottawa ON

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Drone Flyer, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

I know it's coming sometime but I thought I would post this photo of a charger we could use until it comes! Image 2017-11-14 at 9.43 PM.jpg

• Funny x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

The Ottawa Supercharger location:

2496959629_a5969e60de_b.jpg

• Funny x 11
  3. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 2
  4. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

This new design must really make the stalls easier to install. I wonder if they even share a bus bar?

• Like x 1
  5. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

Interesting to now consult the "Coming Soon" markers in the National Capital Region. This single urban SC might be all you're getting until well into 2018. Renfrew and Stardale would be late-2017 consolation prizes. Whoever is driving through should keep their eyes peeled.

6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Drone Flyer, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:56 PM
    mazeminder, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:32 AM

That was over 13 1/2 hours between DroneFlyer posting a lament and someone providing evidence of construction.
    Getting slow.

OK, it's urban, in a paid lot ($3/hour?) and far from ideal. But at least people traveling to Ottawa will now have somewhere to charge.

• Like x 1
  7. Drone Flyer

I would prefer an open bar!
    Nothing like having a drink while you charge! Lol!

• Disagree x 1
  8. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

IMG_3054.JPG
    Thanks @mazeminder, and Reddit. Questions: Is there a cost to park? Where is the entrance? How many stalls are there? Last question, and most important: Are you happy Doug?

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Someone should delete this thread. There is now 3 Ottawa Supercharger threads.

• Disagree x 1
  10. wayner

wayner Active Member

It fits my Cadillac-Fairview theory as Rideau Centre is a CF mall. That makes Laval, Markham, Etobicoke, Ottawa all at CF malls. If you carry this theory a little farther than the Toronto SC could be at Eaton Centre and the North York SC at Fairview Mall.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  11. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

What is the location?

12. wayner

wayner Active Member

Rideau Centre - apparently it is fairly expensive to park there.

13. Rik59

Rik59 Member

It’s certainly not a good location if you’re just looking for a charge on your way through Ottawa. This location is downtown, very busy and not inexpensive to park.

14. Safari

Safari Member

These look like the new Urban chargers, I wonder if they are meant for locals, vice Tesla's in transit? If so, a SC location (120kW) may still be imminent?

• Like x 1
  15. wayner

wayner Active Member

But is Ottawa a city that you go through rather than a destination? It isn't like it is on a major highway between other destinations - like Kingston or Cornwall. Even Montreal and Toronto would be more likely to be driven through as they lie on multiple major highways - I have driven through Montreal on my way from Toronto to Quebec City. Who would be driving through Ottawa on their way to somewhere else? Someone going from Montreal to North Bay?

• Like x 3
  16. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

$3 an hour is a fair price for parking. Considering the supercharging I'd happily pay it. I stayed in Ottawa last weekend and stayed in the Westin so I could use their Tesla Destination charger. The catch is you have to pay $40 for valet parking. Lame.

• Like x 2
  17. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

are those the new lower power urban area chargers we've been hearing about?

[​IMG]

18. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

Impossible. Each pedestal operates at the voltage of the vehicle's pack it's charging. The Supercharger cabinets are a little different than the original ones. Instead of having switching mechanisms inside so that different charger modules can contribute current to different vehicles, half of the modules are fixed to one pedestal and the other half are fixed to the other connected pedestal.

• Informative x 1
  19. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

To get back it's useful. For a while we've had to detour to Cornwall because there's no SuC between Montreal and Ottawa.

• Like x 1
  20. Drone Flyer

Why would Mr. PlugShare disagree with this? Come on, lighten up!

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1