Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's coming sometime but I thought I would post this photo of a charger we could use until it comes!
Image 2017-11-14 at 9.43 PM.jpg

Interesting to now consult the "Coming Soon" markers in the National Capital Region. This single urban SC might be all you're getting until well into 2018. Renfrew and Stardale would be late-2017 consolation prizes. Whoever is driving through should keep their eyes peeled.

Just saw this on Reddit. Looks like it is under construction:

Ottawa, ON - Rideau Centre - Urban Surpercharger 8 Stalls • r/teslamotors

<picture/>

Drone Flyer, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:56 PM
mazeminder, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:32 AM

That was over 13 1/2 hours between DroneFlyer posting a lament and someone providing evidence of construction.
Getting slow.

OK, it's urban, in a paid lot ($3/hour?) and far from ideal. But at least people traveling to Ottawa will now have somewhere to charge.

Reactions: mattobadia
It’s certainly not a good location if you’re just looking for a charge on your way through Ottawa. This location is downtown, very busy and not inexpensive to park.
But is Ottawa a city that you go through rather than a destination? It isn't like it is on a major highway between other destinations - like Kingston or Cornwall. Even Montreal and Toronto would be more likely to be driven through as they lie on multiple major highways - I have driven through Montreal on my way from Toronto to Quebec City. Who would be driving through Ottawa on their way to somewhere else? Someone going from Montreal to North Bay?

Drone Flyer, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:56 PM
mazeminder, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:32 AM

That was over 13 1/2 hours between DroneFlyer posting a lament and someone providing evidence of construction.
Getting slow.

OK, it's urban, in a paid lot ($3/hour?) and far from ideal. But at least people traveling to Ottawa will now have somewhere to charge.
$3 an hour is a fair price for parking. Considering the supercharging I'd happily pay it. I stayed in Ottawa last weekend and stayed in the Westin so I could use their Tesla Destination charger. The catch is you have to pay $40 for valet parking. Lame.

This new design must really make the stalls easier to install. I wonder if they even share a bus bar?
Impossible. Each pedestal operates at the voltage of the vehicle's pack it's charging. The Supercharger cabinets are a little different than the original ones. Instead of having switching mechanisms inside so that different charger modules can contribute current to different vehicles, half of the modules are fixed to one pedestal and the other half are fixed to the other connected pedestal.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric