Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Ovens (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a little software change, they could use the Model S/X CCS adapter.
Nope. The Model 3 with CCS port cannot take DC on the upper pins. If it could, it wouldn't need an adapter at all to use the existing Superchargers. Besides, the CCS adapter for S/X is the wrong way around. It takes a CCS-2 cable and allows the DC to flow into the Tesla Type-2 like charge port. A Model 3 with CCS port would need to take a Type-2 like Supercharger cable and put the DC current into the lower pins on the CCS charge port. That gender adapter doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Obviously the Model 3's will just have the same port as the current S's and X's... maybe two separate ports.
Model 3 cars sold into the Australian market should be substantially similar to the UK Model 3. The UK Model 3 has a CCS Type 2 port just like the Model 3 cars throughout Europe. The Supercharger network in Australia and New Zealand should follow what has happened throughout Europe. Those Supercharger stalls were modified to have both a Tesla Type-2 Supercharger cable and a Tesla CCS Supercharger cable.

First look at Tesla’s new dual connector CCS Supercharger

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Someone added this Supercharger to PlugShare. Don’t worry, it’s already been edited so there’s no need to report it (@Chuq). It seems the someone who added the location also felt like putting in a little joke :D
C10E419F-CE53-4F5C-ACBA-24C9F74E5DC4.png

I spoke to the Happy Valley Hotel publican today. The Supercharger is scheduled to open on June 3rd, so, barring a last minute issue, will be operating for the opening of the ski season. He told me that they'd been trying to get them installed since 2017, the holdup had been AusNet approval. Given my experience with AusNet, that's almost believable, I'm just happily surprised that sunset only took 2 years to respond.
TOCA opening lunch will follow, sometime after the opening

Yes, it's been like that for nearly 3 weeks. When I spoke to the Happy Valley Hotel owner, he said that AusNet were supposed to come on 3rd June and finish the work to activate the superchargers. Still waiting...
Knowing AusNet and their interest in customer service, it'll be a 50:50 chance to be finished by Xmas

Yes, it's been like that for nearly 3 weeks. When I spoke to the Happy Valley Hotel owner, he said that AusNet were supposed to come on 3rd June and finish the work to activate the superchargers. Still waiting...
Knowing AusNet and their interest in customer service, it'll be a 50:50 chance to be finished by Xmas

Have you spoken to the local paper? Maybe they could do an article on the new chargers and mention they are pending work by AusNet, if lucky it could be picked up by the international Tesla blogs that seem happy to get clicks for anything and get extra exposure?

Drove past on Friday (12 July 2019; in a 18-year-old Camry no less) and saw a Model X plugged-in. Presumably charging.
On the following Sunday afternoon the car park was pretty full, two Tesla charge spots would probably have been unavailable (no Teslas there then).