Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Owen Sound, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E6424EB2-6A5B-4755-B9AB-238789CDED83.jpeg
Looks like nothing new happening here except for snow covering everything.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
It doesn't appear that they have begun any sites since December or so. I wouldn't expect them to start back up until spring - but that is only six weeks away. Hopefully they get back to it in the first half of the year.
I still find it incredulous that they would put two sites in Barrie! That second site should have been built in Orillia and then, as Model 3 demands ramp up, then maybe put a few more stalls in the existing older site in Barrie!

I still find it incredulous that they would put two sites in Barrie! That second site should have been built in Orillia and then, as Model 3 demands ramp up, then maybe put a few more stalls in the existing older site in Barrie!
Perhaps it was on their longer term list of sites and got built earlier because it could be permitted and built in quick order. You are assuming that the building of the second Barrie site could have been easily transferred somewhere else and built just as quickly, but there is zero evidence that that is how things work. We already know by experience that different sites get started at close to the same time and get finished at vastly different rates e.g. the subject site of this thread.

Now with Etobicoke online just Owen Sound and Hamilton left unfinished. Still nothing further doing here at the Owen Sound site. Has been idle for 2 and a half weeks now, waiting for the transformer.
They should just take the transformer from one of the two Barrie sites and move it there. What a ridiculous situation having two sites in Barrie, of all places!

• Disagree
Reactions: MarcoRP
They should just take the transformer from one of the two Barrie sites and move it there. What a ridiculous situation having two sites in Barrie, of all places!

Why do they have to scavenge to make one work over another? The 2 locations in Barrie make sense in a way ( one for those headed west, the other for North). The one in Owen Sound will get it soon enough. I'd like to see it active myself since I'm currently in the area, but can organize around it until they can make it work. At least it's getting there.

Today in the local paper there was an article about the new Tesla Superchargers. They cited the SmartCentres spokeswoman who said they would “be available for use in the next few months”. Next few months! Yikes! She also said that SmartCentres has installed Tesla chargers also in Cambridge, Barrie, Sudbury and Mascouche, Quebec. Confirmed Future SmartCentre locations are in Mississauga, Woodbridge,Vaughan, Brockville, Salmon Arm, BC, and Regina Saskatchewan.

Today in the local paper there was an article about the new Tesla Superchargers. They cited the SmartCentres spokeswoman who said they would “be available for use in the next few months”. Next few months! Yikes! She also said that SmartCentres has installed Tesla chargers also in Cambridge, Barrie, Sudbury and Mascouche, Quebec. Confirmed Future SmartCentre locations are in Mississauga, Woodbridge,Vaughan, Brockville, Salmon Arm, BC, and Regina Saskatchewan.
Do you have a link to the article? This is great news if true!