Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
79C3EC55-A7AA-4A8E-8A5C-0466071AC4CA.jpeg
A57A9C1C-D095-42D6-BABE-F223A48BC6BC.jpeg
If you are going to need to use it, I recommend you contact Tesla and see what you can find out.

I ended up in Ventura today so I just went over to check it out. Still displaying that message on the map/info for the Oxnard Supercharger.

But plugged in and everything seems normal. Getting my maximum of about 90kW. Sadly I never get over about 90 even if it’s 10pm and I’m the only car at a supercharger. So although others may get up to 120kW, I have never broken 95 and usually top out at 90. Such was the case today at Oxnard.

All stalls looked open, too. There were about 8 or 9 other cars charging.

So what could this “Reduced Services” mean? Not sure but here’s my speculation...

I think it is a general warning that there may be interruptions or reduced output anytime in the near future. These warning may persist for some days or weeks, while they install...even more stalls (?)

Seems like a possibility. There is a new concrete base (see photo) that looks exactly same size as the other bases they have at this location. And there’s some adajacent asphalt being dug up...maybe to extend some wiring to more planned pedestals?

Maybe it’s something else...but that’s my guess.

I got a chance to stop by there on my way through.

Looks like they've expanded to a total of 20 stalls now, with two on the northwest (right) side being the newest.
IMG_20180703_174930.jpg IMG_20180703_174919.jpg

The newest chargers had blue tape with "Out of order" written on them.
IMG_20180703_175234.jpg IMG_20180703_175242.jpg

There was a crew there pouring concrete. The supervisor (guy in the red shirt) came over and we talked a bit. He mentioned that some drivers were having issues backing into the handicap stall due to the deep drainage trough in the parking lot, so the new concrete pour was to reduce the depth of the drainage trough near the handicap stall.
IMG_20180703_175028.jpg IMG_20180703_175144.jpg

I looked as best I could at both ends but didn't see any expansion work beyond the 20 stalls shown in the photos.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MonkeyTOGA
Was driving from Carlsbad to Morro Bay last week. The nav initially had me stopping at the Oxnard SpC. About 20 minutes into my drive it changed the stop to the Thousand Oaks SpC at the Westlake Promenade, even though I would have plenty SOC to get to Oxnard. I couldn't get Oxnard to show up on the nav SpC list, so my wife scrolled to that location on the map and found a circle-with-a-slash icon there. Tapped on it and a message said "Low service" or something along those lines. Passed by after charging at Thousand Oaks and nobody was using it. Same thing happened on my way back a few days later.

So what's going on? Seems as though this SpC is unreliable.

Was driving from Carlsbad to Morro Bay last week. The nav initially had me stopping at the Oxnard SpC. About 20 minutes into my drive it changed the stop to the Thousand Oaks SpC at the Westlake Promenade, even though I would have plenty SOC to get to Oxnard. I couldn't get Oxnard to show up on the nav SpC list, so my wife scrolled to that location on the map and found a circle-with-a-slash icon there. Tapped on it and a message said "Low service" or something along those lines. Passed by after charging at Thousand Oaks and nobody was using it. Same thing happened on my way back a few days later.

So what's going on? Seems as though this SpC is unreliable.

Read earlier in this thread. This was what I mentioned at the end of June.

This is the "Reduced Service" message which, apparently, has continued from late June until now.
A0C8B51A-BD09-4A73-AD2D-03290733F71A.jpg

It appears that if the Supercharger is having construction issues (even if that means that they are expanding by adding new stalls) they put this reduced service message up. This could mean anything from one or two stalls not operating to a few (or all) of the stalls not able to provide full power. There doesn't seem to be any granularity in this reduced service message - it seems to mean there could be some kind of issue or that they have had sporadic issues with decreased charge rates or maybe one or two stalls being slow or offline.

The other problem from the NAV perspective is that it doesn't seem to show how many stalls are available during these "reduced service" times.

What's needed is to have more granularity and details about the particulars. If they could say that charge speeds are 10% slower than average or could say mark 3 of the stalls as offline and just temporarily show 15 stalls available, that'd be better.

Room for improvement. Given more time, this will probably get better.