TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Oxnard

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by 2k13458, Nov 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. 2k13458

2k13458 New Member

I dropped by The Collection in Oxnard today. This is the future location of the supercharger. At the moment, there is not much to see -- just a leveled pad.

IMO, the location is ideal. It sits between H&M and Whole Foods. The station faces the 101 Freeway. The red Tesla sign will attract the attention of tens of thousands of motorists daily on the 101.

Here are some pictures:

Attached Files:

2. Lump

Lump Active Member

I think that spot is too big & a prime location to be given to Tesla, hope I am wrong.

3. Man_Utd

Man_Utd Member

I live in Riverpark, so I could walk to the Superchargers. Unfortunately, I have a 40kWh won't be able to use them :'(

4. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Hopefully we see some construction soon!

5. Benz

Benz Active Member

Indeed.

6. gene

gene Active Member

I am at The Collection for Wholefoods every few days. The picture above is definitely not the location for the SC's. It is way to large and there is all sorts of sewage pipes going in. I think it is going to be another large building. But I wonder why they keep building more buildings while more than half of the existing buildings are still vacant.

It has been my understanding that the SC's will be approx where H&M is, yet all the way to the edge of the parking lot, near the fwy.

7. Matahari

Matahari Member

Does anyone have an update on the Oxnard Supercharger? I'm planning a trip to SB at the end of January and I would prefer to use this supercharger vs. the one at Hawthorne.

8. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Assuming no ground has been broken, I highly doubt this SC will be operational by the end of this month.

9. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

You have the unicorn :biggrin: Could you unlock the 60? Or is that not something you need?

10. gene

gene Active Member

I was just there this morning. Zero action at this point. Last week a small, portable office building was placed on site. Whether it has anything to do with the Supercharger? I have no idea.

11. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Not likely. Also, the picture above of the dirt lot doesn't look like where Tesla typically installs superchargers. Tesla, in every case that I've seen, uses an existing parking lot. They don't create new lots or expand existing lots. So probably the supercharger will be somewhere in the lot, but the construction fencing shown above has nothing to do with it.

12. gene

gene Active Member

I should have been more clear. There is a small temp office placed on paved the lot, near the big LED 101 Hwy sign. This is very near/exactly where Tesla has been planning the chargers to be placed. The pictures you have seen posted earlier in this thread is a long ways away from Tesla's proposed site and nowhere near the mobile office.

13. markb1

markb1 Active Member

I've never seen them set up a temp office, either. It's not impossible, but I just don't think a supercharger is a big enough project to justify an office trailer.

14. Blaze

Blaze Member

:smile::rolleyes:I hope this station is up by late Feb 2014 when I pick up my S. I travel from OC to Santa Barbara at least one per week (over 250 miles RT). May not make it home. Would prefer to stop in Oxnard over Hawthorne. Any more info on the outlook for this build out?

15. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

With Oxnard in place, people can bypass Hawthorne and head straight to San Juan Capistrano, as it's only 119 miles away. This will surely help relieve some of the congestion at Hawthorne.

16. Gregsbeach

Gregsbeach Member

This may be delayed longer than you think. The scope of work
    appears to not be defined yet. They do not known where they are going to pull the electricity, and then they have to get the easements and do all the work. That is usually 3-4 weeks more after approvals and easements and commencement of work......

17. Tyl

Tyl Member

I was at the Whole Foods in Oxnard CA yesterday. There are no signs of construction of a supercharger site. I drove around the entire complex of stores. It appears that there will be some level two chargers going in on the east side of the Yard House; four stalls are designated electric vehicle parking, but no sign of even.. level two's as of yesterday. I spoke to a security guard who works there. He hasn't seen any signs of any charging stations others than the Yard House spots.

18. Blaze

Blaze Member

Thanks for your observations. I am keeping on eye on this location for charging.

19. rrosenbl

rrosenbl Member

This location would be super convenient, I come to Oxnard on a regular basis. Thank everyone for watching for any progress. Near the whole food = excellent location, they have good ready to eat food (you can eat inside their airstream) and it's a great place to stock up for the road. The other restaurants nearby are attractive. I look forward to other establishments opening in this mostly empty complex. P.S. How do you know this is a planned Supercharger Location? I couldn't pry that information out of anyone I contacted at Tesla.

20. thepianocian

thepianocian Member

The Ventura County Reporter confirmed the placement of Supercharger stations in Oxnard, CA @The Collection.

http://www.vcreporter.com/cms/story/detail/get_your_electric_motor_runnin/11274/

Midway through the article it talks about the approval of a Tesla Supercharger at The Collection. In addition, a representative from Tesla that I spoke with also confirmed that it is in the works.