Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ dang ... but funny though that Franz helped design that pontiac...

the charger on the left is out of service...

PVuleMM.png

06sKq5K.png

WcbM9SA.png

Nh7X0R0.png

I love this location, and use it 5-10 times a month. There is, however, a persistent technical issue at the site. Since day one, I have noticed that there is wide variance between the speed you get out of the different chargers. You really have to pay attention to the amps you're getting before you leave the vehicle, or you may return after a long lunch to find that car is half-charged. It's not consistently the same charger that under-delivers either, which is odd.

A couple days ago, I tried 5 different chargers, and none were delivering better than 90 amps. I called Tesla, and they must have fixed the problem, because my wife charged there today at full speed.

Oxnard Supercharger Station

I used the Oxnard SC for the first time today and if I recall correctly was charging at a rate somewhere above 340 miles of range per hour.

Great SC, though Google maps in the car was unable to show a nav route to it once off the main street, even though the map did show the mall streets leading to the various parking lots.
d8118754a06b0b21b48782d0e38813cf.jpg

These parking blocks were added over the past few days to the Oxnard Supercharger spaces. Might this be related to upcoming Auto Pilot software to assist the self-parking feature?

Attachments

• IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 255
Last edited: