Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some pics on 06/18/14

Here are a few pictures from today. There are 10 stalls.

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 866
  • IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG_2185.jpeg
    IMG_2185.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 851
Take a look at the annotated picture below from the Blanding construction. You are looking for the Supercharger Cabinets, and the Distribution Center. The transformer is usually delivered, and installed the same day, by the utility.

Yes, I understand exactly what chargers and transformers are. There are none on site. I can see through the slats of the wood surround, there is nothing inside.

Yes, I understand exactly what chargers and transformers are. There are none on site. I can see through the slats of the wood surround, there is nothing inside.

Sorry to be pedantic, but "chargers" is sometimes ambiguous. Some people call the pedestals chargers, also. A picture is worth a thousand works, that is why I use the picture. In standard Tesla speak and drawings, a Supercharger Cabinet contains 12 charging modules and feeds two Pedestals (Charging Stations).

BTW, any sign of the Distribution Center on site? You did not mention that.

@Cottonwood, No distribution center either. I think this location may end up taking more time than usual as the power supply lines have to be trenched a long ways through the parking lot and through a large construction area that is currently building a "24 Hours Fitness" complex. There is a lot of heavy equipment operating exactly where the supply lines need to be trenched. My guess, thi location will be fully built with still some weeks for the supply. But, I could be wrong.

Sorry to be pedantic, but "chargers" is sometimes ambiguous. Some people call the pedestals chargers, also. A picture is worth a thousand works, that is why I use the picture. In standard Tesla speak and drawings, a Supercharger Cabinet contains 12 charging modules and feeds two Pedestals (Charging Stations).

BTW, any sign of the Distribution Center on site? You did not mention that.

Aren't there some SuperCharger stations where a 12 charging module unit only feeds 1 pedestal? (i.e. a 120kW dedicated station)? I seem to recall Tesla doing that at least some places...