Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oxnard Super Charger update!

Traveling quite a bit between LA and Santa Barbara has kept me very focused on the rumor of an Oxnard Supercharger. Well folks, it is becoming a reality, albeit our friends at SCE need a push. In speaking with those on site, the stations will sit there looking tempting, but there is no connection date for going live. Any thoughts on getting the powers that be to speed up a 2000 AMP connection to the site?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 483
Could have used it last night. Left from Pasadena with 88 miles rated. I could have gone to Hawthorne, a one hour drive there, and over the 405 twice to get home. I decided to go I-5 north over the grapevine and charged at Tehon ranch. I arrived with 12 miles, and most of that was gained going downhill from Gorman! Oxnard would have saved me more than an hour of driving to get home.

A supercharger in San Fernando Valley would be helpful also!

Tehon Ranch has a new mexican restaurant across the street that looks interesting.

July 1st: The wood cabinets still do not have any equipment installed in them. The fencing has been extended a good distance in the direction that the electrical feed will be coming from so I assume that trenching will start very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpg
    IMG_2217.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_2219.jpg
    IMG_2219.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 1,184
Tesla signage?

IMG_6008.jpg
There was also an unusually large colored object wrapped up which I hoped might be a Tesla sign to mark the Supercharger station (and promote the Tesla brand). Though unusual, I have not seen signage at the 6-superchargers I've visited, this station is set along a very busy stretch of the 101. We'll see...

There was also an unusually large colored object wrapped up which I hoped might be a Tesla sign to mark the Supercharger station (and promote the Tesla brand). Though unusual, I have not seen signage at the 6-superchargers I've visited, this station is set along a very busy stretch of the 101. We'll see...

That thing (whatever it is) is the same dimension as the signs that are advertising the various businesses at this particular mall. I have the feeling it may be a Tesla sign to be added to the array of signs already there.

Still no action today at the Oxnard site. My guess is the crew is working somewhere else until the construction of 24 Hour Fitness finishes up. 24 Hour Fitness crews are staged exactly where the in coming electricity supply needs to be trenched.