Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ozark, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing!

I wonder how long until EV route planning apps will add the station. Again, we don't have our car yet, but I'm excited to see what the route planning will look like with this new site.

Many will probably have it once Tesla commissions it in their system. Sites like plugshare and abetterrouteplanner get a direct feed from Tesla.

Photo from @MCSX on PlugShare
F07CA61E-22B3-4624-B7AC-67CE0E5DE564.jpeg

Thanks for sharing!

I wonder how long until EV route planning apps will add the station. Again, we don't have our car yet, but I'm excited to see what the route planning will look like with this new site.
You can also route through supercharge.info, you just have to manually choose stations to include as part of it. But I believe Abetterrouteplanner gets its data from supercharge.info based on the credits section of their about page (the additional credits for Tesla information is supplementary). Since they don't have the station yet it's probably a nightly script that runs to collect the information.

upload_2020-9-4_17-30-56.png

One note of caution; in our local facebook page, it was noted later on Friday evening (Sept 4th) that the supercharger was not online. They did try all 8 stalls. It will probably be up and down until Tesla officially announces it as open. If you are traveling, be sure to have a back up plan.
Good call. If I remember correctly the same thing happened at Lowell before it eventually came on line consistently.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Supercharge.info now lists it as "Temporarily Closed". It's also important to note that it is not yet listed on the official Tesla page.

Supercharge.info gets its information from sources such as this forum, or other discussion forums - so don't take it as some type of official designation. It's sort of a group-info site sort of like group funding. It's a highly useful sight and I've been using it since 2013 where there were like 17 superchargers, its just not official, nor do they have any more insight than anyone else. They just collect the information that locals and others present to them through things like forums and facebook pages. Occasionally, that info is a tad early - such was the case here. But I love the info they provide. I'm kind of addicted to it (I don't want you to think I am disparaging the site, because I am not in anyway).

Supercharge.info gets its information from sources such as this forum, or other discussion forums - so don't take it as some type of official designation. It's sort of a group-info site sort of like group funding. It's a highly useful sight and I've been using it since 2013 where there were like 17 superchargers, its just not official, nor do they have any more insight than anyone else. They just collect the information that locals and others present to them through things like forums and facebook pages. Occasionally, that info is a tad early - such was the case here. But I love the info they provide. I'm kind of addicted to it (I don't want you to think I am disparaging the site, because I am not in anyway).
Exactly. I really enjoyed the additional transparency supercharge.info provides, and so I got involved in contributing to it in various ways (including as a volunteer editor). But like you say, it really only provides aggregated information from multiple locations, or more specifically relies on crowdsourcing the latest information that its editors can find from various sites. Tesla has the complete, official information but they like to play their cards close to their chest.

Regarding the site changing to temporarily closed, I suspect this is a result of Tesla launching a temporary "soft" opening or running into an issue soon after opening. This has happened multiple times before, and I don't believe there is a way we can identify at initial opening whether it's officially open or temporarily turned on. Another thing to note is sometimes editors at supercharge.info can make a mistake with an edit because of misleading information and can mark a site as open when it was just a picture of someone else plugged in but unable to charge. We communicate with each other to prevent this and I'd like to think we've gotten better (if not eliminated) mistakes like these. That said, these are some examples of the limitations with supercharge.info.

Yep, as of this afternoon it’s up and working. I spoke with Brian the tech, super nice guy. He had driven all the way from Abilene to work on it. Turns out it was some incorrect dip switch settings but should be good to go now. He also explained how the V3 charger works. There are something like twelve Model S packs that charge from the grid and your car charges from them. He also explained the glycol cooling system for the cables. Note: This area hasn’t seen many Teslas. Be prepared to answer lots of questions :)

I'm not convinced of the 12 Model S packs part. Doesn't make sense in this application.
Went there yesterday at about 4pm and while Workmans was very busy there was only one other Tesla. I arrived with about 50% charge but only got up to about 70kW charging speed on the northern most charger.
119025568_10223391897574019_5314821403962230372_n.jpg

Interesting. I did some research and the Telsa PowerPack (the large scale energy storage product) has 12 battery modules in them, but that's typically a separate box and not generally part of a supercharger installation. I have actually seen inside the V3 cabinets in Lowell and verified from online pictures that the cabinets don't seem to have batteries in them, but they do have 8 water cooled modules and 5 other larger modules inside. I would assume that both are part of the AC/DC conversion and charging process. Also each cabinet supports 4 stalls, so that probably means 2 modules per stall. There is also a separate box on the outside of the cabinet that has a small gateway computer with a network switch the communicates to everything inside. Some pretty cool stuff.