Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ozona, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purely speculative on my part, but based on the buildout of I-80 in Nebraska, I think Tesla is trying to keep the segment legs on these routes a little lower, more like 100 miles. I-10 is a little tough to do it well, so some of the legs may need to be a bit short.So, that said, maybe something like
Casa Grande - Tucson ~ 70 miles
Tucson - Willcox ~ 80 miles
Willcox - Lordsburg ~ 75 miles
Lordsburg - Deming ~ 60 miles
Deming - Las Cruces ~ 60 miles (perhaps you can skip Deming)
Las Cruces - Sparks ~ 65 miles
Sparks - Van Horn ~ 105 miles
Van Horn - Ft. Stockton ~ 120 miles
Van Horn - Ozona ~ 107 miles.

That would end up being 8, 7 if you take out Deming. Although I like Deming as it's used as a shortcut to get to I-25
I like Deming too, and you could eliminate Las Cruces (for now) if you have Deming, El Paso and say Caballo/Truth or Consequences on I-25. the legs really should be no more than about 110 miles and preferably 100 along I-10 in N.M. and TX, as the speed limit's 75 or 80, and that makes it tough for a 60 or presumably the Model 3 in some conditions, without charging to 90 or 100% and maybe dropping below 10% SoC at the end of the leg.

We used to get emails when a location went live. I don't recall seeing one in awhile.

I just got an email today. The info in the email is somewhat dated.

We are excited to announce the opening of our newest Supercharger stations in:
Channelview, TX
(Open in Maps)
Childress, TX
(Open in Maps)
Kingsville, TX
(Open in Maps)
Three Rivers, TX
(Open in Maps)
More Supercharger stations are opening every week and enable high speed, long distance travel for Tesla owners.

Reactions: emupilot
  • Informative
Reactions: Justicepool
Coming along nicely! Pic from my friend that owns the bw!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 214
Coming along nicely! Pic from my friend that owns the bw!

Nice! Thanks for the photo, and glad you have such good communication there. That looks to be right next to the lobby building, and probably where employee parking was located before. Hopefully they have provided a new, better place to park.

off topic -- that is the first time I have used Google street view and actually been able to go inside the building, room by room (in the public area). That was bizarre. How'd they drive the Google car in there??:p

• Funny
Reactions: benjiejr and Chuq
Any opinions on whether this Supercharger opening will be delayed until the hotel remodeling is finished?

I haven't been there, so I don't know how extensive the construction or the resultant traffic might be. Maybe they would delay opening for safety/liability reasons?

Any opinions on whether this Supercharger opening will be delayed until the hotel remodeling is finished?

I haven't been there, so I don't know how extensive the construction or the resultant traffic might be. Maybe they would delay opening for safety/liability reasons?

If other chargers are an indication I would say no. We used a SC on our way back from Kansas City to Dallas (not sure which one) and it was at a hotel that was closed and in the middle of a massive remodel from one chain to a Marriott I believe. SC worked fine. We walked a block or two to a restaurant.

• Helpful
Reactions: otter and BerTX
If other chargers are an indication I would say no. We used a SC on our way back from Kansas City to Dallas (not sure which one) and it was at a hotel that was closed and in the middle of a massive remodel from one chain to a Marriott I believe. SC worked fine. We walked a block or two to a restaurant.
Yep. That was Joplin, MO. Probably depends on clear, safe access to the SC rather whether the adjacent construction or remodeling is done.

Reactions: BerTX
The Ozona SC is up and running. We stopped there recently, here's proof. The site doesn't have many food choices nearby. But, important to us, the BW has nice bathrooms.

Thanks!

I'm very confused, though. I thought this was a BW, and they were changing it to a Quality Inn. Now I see it's Best Western. Maybe I got it backwards. I guess as long as I can charge, I'll get over it.

Edit: Very confusing. Quality Inn lists it on their website and offer me a room for tomorrow. Expedia does the same. Best Western does NOT list it.

Last edited: