Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paducah, Kentucky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. I wrote to Tesla and asked for it. This was the reply I got on 1/5/16:

Thank you for your email. Yes, we are actively working to bring a station to the Paducah area, but we are unable to estimate an opening date at this time. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

Kort677, We're in the same boat.

On June 22, our family of four is driving to Kansas City.

We can't find a supercharger anywhere between Nashville, TN to St. Louis, MO - a 300 mile drive!

We'll need a Supercharger in or around Paducah, KY or Marion, IL.

Our option is to drive from Nashville, TN to Louisville, KY to Indianapolis, IN to get to St. Louis, MO instead of a direct route via I-24.
That's a 3.5 hours driving time detour plus charging time!

I see it's been since Sept. 2015 since this page was updated.

Kort677, We're in the same boat.

On June 22, our family of four is driving to Kansas City.

We can't find a supercharger anywhere between Nashville, TN to St. Louis, MO - a 300 mile drive!

We'll need a Supercharger in or around Paducah, KY or Marion, IL.

Our option is to drive from Nashville, TN to Louisville, KY to Indianapolis, IN to get to St. Louis, MO instead of a direct route via I-24.
That's a 3.5 hours driving time detour plus charging time!

I see it's been since Sept. 2015 since this page was updated.

Is it practical to adjust the trip timing to overnight in the area you were thinking you needed a Supercharger, and find a destination charger to recharge while you sleep?

Is it practical to adjust the trip timing to overnight in the area you were thinking you needed a Supercharger, and find a destination charger to recharge while you sleep?

Thanks for the suggestion, Saghost. I'm not seeing a destination charger listed in or near Paducah. There's one Level 1 NEMA 5-20 outlet at the KOA in Benton, IL. That means a 12 hours of driving plus charging time to sleep there. Not sure if that'll work because we aren't starting our trip until 1 p.m.

Thanks for the suggestion, Saghost. I'm not seeing a destination charger listed in or near Paducah. There's one Level 1 NEMA 5-20 outlet at the KOA in Benton, IL. That means a 12 hours of driving plus charging time to sleep there. Not sure if that'll work because we aren't starting our trip until 1 p.m.

I hadn't done any checking for chargers nearby before posting. However, Plugshare seems to be showing some solid candidates - the Duck Creek RV Park has 14-50s (so 10 kW charging, a full charge overnight) and apparently charges $5 for the privilege. Several other campgrounds and RV Parks within 20 miles came up with 14-50s available, too...

PlugShare

Home Page

I hadn't done any checking for chargers nearby before posting. However, Plugshare seems to be showing some solid candidates - the Duck Creek RV Park has 14-50s (so 10 kW charging, a full charge overnight) and apparently charges $5 for the privilege. Several other campgrounds and RV Parks within 20 miles came up with 14-50s available, too...

PlugShare

Home Page

Several more charging Options near Paducah:
KOA Paducah/1-24/Kentucky Lake in Calvert City, KY
(800) 562-8540
NEMA 14-50
And they probably have Kabins with a Queen bed and bunk bed, A/C, front porch, fire pit (probably need your own bedding or a sleeping bags though)

Cypress Lakes RV Park
Calvert City
(270)395-4267

Fern Lake Campground and RV Park
Paducah
(270)-444-7939

Victory RV Park and Campground
Paducah
(270) 898-2099

And there are three more RV Parks nearby in Benton, three more in Eddyville, one more each in Gilbertsville and Smithland

Sometimes the best part of a trip is the adventure of trying new things.

Great tips from the other posters, but you might be in luck with a new Supercharger that is supposed to open soon in Miner, MO.

Supercharger - Miner, MO

FYI: you can view a crowd sourced map of permitted and under-construction Superchargers at supercharge.info

Click on a location and the discuss link sends you back to these forums where you can find locals who post photos of progress, local restaurant recommendations, etc.

Good luck your travels!

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
Wow, best find is Miner, MO, and it looks like it is nearly ready to open.
Supercharger beats any RV Park hands down.

Gives folks in St. Louis a connection to Memphis and further down I-55 a shot to Jackson, MS (Pearl) and Slidell, LA and New Orleans.
Probably still need another Supercharger location near Grenada or Winona, MS in addition to Memphis area to connect Memphis to Pearl.

The Minor, Mo. SC should make the drive from Atlanta to Kansas City trip much faster. I have driven it twice in my 60S using non-SC between Nashville and St. Louis for a very slow trip.

My suggestion for the Brentwood to St. Charles portion:

I-24 to Clarksville, Tn. (Harold Mathews Nissan, 185 Highway 76, 24/7 CHAdeMO) top up as needed.

I-24 Paducah, Ky. (Duck Creek RV, 2540 John L. Puryear Dr. 14-50 $5.00) alternate back up if needed.

I-24 Paducah, Ky. Highway 62 (or alternate Highway 60) to Wickliffe - Cairo - Minor, Mo.

I-55 to I-270 to I-70 to St. Charles, Mo SC.

The larger batteries may not need the alternate charging, but the 210 or so miles is beyond the 60's range for sure. I plan to drive this route in August and / or October, so will update then. I have ICEd the Highway 62 portion to Sikeston. Mo. but not Hw. 60. Both will be slow through the Cairo area.

Comments?