Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Page, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got to use the new Page Supercharger on September 19th after visiting Bryce Canyon National Park. Left the Beaver Utah supercharger with 99% charge and drove to Bryce Canyon all the way down to Rainbow Point, then to the Page supercharger. Close but doable in my P85. Great food at the Pepper's Restaurant in the Courtyard Page at Lake Powel. Who was the first to charge at this Supercharger? I know it isn't me because it has been open for 10 days.
20160919_193458.jpg
20160919_194258.jpg

Stopping at the Cliff Dwellers Lodge in Marble Canyon to use their 80A HPWC should alleviate any concerns. Otherwise, you'd want to stay at the RV park in Jacob Lake (TT-30 adapter recommended). Alternatively, there's the RV park in Kanab, which has 14-50s. All are on Plugshare. Most facilities on the North Rim close Oct. 31st in any case, and the road is closed once it snows: North Rim - Grand Canyon National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Stopped here twice on our Grand Canyon road trip. The charger is at the base of a hill, and Page is on the top. It's a pretty good walk to get into town but the food at El Tapatio is worth it and we could all use the exercise. :) There is a bit of a foot-path on the south/west side of the road leading up into town that skirts the golf course if you don't want to have to walk on the road itself.

Reactions: KJD
Stopping at the Cliff Dwellers Lodge in Marble Canyon to use their 80A HPWC should alleviate any concerns. Otherwise, you'd want to stay at the RV park in Jacob Lake (TT-30 adapter recommended). Alternatively, there's the RV park in Kanab, which has 14-50s. All are on Plugshare. Most facilities on the North Rim close Oct. 31st in any case, and the road is closed once it snows: North Rim - Grand Canyon National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Thanks for the recommendation! I was hoping to visit the North Rim in April but looks like it's closed until mid-May. :(

I have not made this drive, but EV Trip Planner shows a 75D MODEL S with 19" wheels will use about 120 Rated Miles (RM). A P90D X with 20" wheels will use about 155 RM. I know neither of these are your X, but they don't have a 75D X in the pick list yet.

Has anyone gone from the St George SC to Page SC? I have a 75D MX and with elevation and conditions I am a little worried.

Hi. I just returned from a great drive through UT& AZ in an 85S. You should be just fine if you don't speed too fast. Your drive is the reverse of my Page - St George drive through Zion NP. My anxiety issues had to do with temperature and wind. One day last week winds were blowing steadily over 30 MPH as a cold front moved through. While I did not stop there, there is the Hitching Post RV park in Kanab w/ 220-50 if you need a boost midway. Many tourist services, including RV parks, are seasonal and these folks are open year round. Springdale, UT is also home to 3 hotels with Tesla destination chargers.

This is beautiful country. Two unexpected treats along this route: Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park near Kanab and the Toadstools Hike at mile 10 on Hwy 89 before Glen Canyon Dam. Enjoy the ride :)

Last edited:
After waking up from spending the night in the hotel, my son says, "Dad, I think that guy has been there more than 30 minutes."
IMG_20180625_091241.jpg

No worries, lots of spaces. I parked in a regular spot overnight so I wouldn't take a space. I guess this guy felt this evened it out...

Off for a long slow drive to Richfield. Says we should get there with 8% left but there is a lot of elevation between us. 217 miles. Will update our final. Chargers in Page working well.

Reactions: PStewart and KJD
Off for a long slow drive to Richfield. Says we should get there with 8% left but there is a lot of elevation between us. 217 miles. Will update our final. Chargers in Page working well.

Follow up...made it from Page to Richfield exactly as navigation predicted. Started with 255 miles. Driving the speed limit with air conditioner at 74 degrees / range mode on, we landed in Richfield exactly 217 miles later with 38 miles remaining.

We just spent 3 nights at that courtyard and saw that same redish car. Must be an employee. Other than him, we never saw another Tesla in those spots.
20180601_220112 (1).jpg
Confession: it was the only supercharger on the 5,700 mile trip that I left it plugged in all night. Sorry.

We could have made it directly to Mesa Verde via 4 corners, but chose to go though Monument Valley and stop in blanding to be safe and a more scenic route.

What is the speed limit on most of those roads ?
Speed limits were mostly 65 although there are several (5-6) cities where it drops to 35 or so. I used ABetterRouterPlanner.com the night before to double check everything. You can click anywhere on the proposed route and it will tell you the posted speed and what you are supposed to drive. Until the last 10 miles, it never goes above 65mph.

• Informative
US Highway 89 is washed out just north of Gray Mountain, AZ, so use caution if you are traveling in this area. With the current detour, it's 222 miles from the Flagstaff supercharger to the Page supercharger and 226 miles from Holbrook to Page. Driving Page to Flagstaff would be particularly problematic due to the 3k ft. elevation change.
I meant to update this sooner. They ended up getting it back open within a couple days. I was surprised it re-opened that quick because the damage to the roadway looked significant. Basically like a bridge being washed out. I would imagine it's still an active construction site but according to google, traffic is getting through.