Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palmdale, CA (LIVE 19 Oct 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started another thread on this as I had not seem this one. Anyway. What i found today.......
F5F4917D-486D-4538-A462-B4FC2D19051C.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
Do we know if these are going to be V3 Superchargers? Is that all they're building these days?
We don't yet know for sure whether this one will be V3, but IMO it's very likely. Though I suppose, given the location is at a mall, it could turn out to be urban superchargers instead. That would be less helpful for the CA-14 travelers, which is what I see it being mostly needed for. But an urban supercharger would be better than nothing and would be a better fit for the host property.

If you ignore the urban supercharger locations that Tesla is still building, then V3 is like 95+% of all new North American starts. The remaining non-urban, V2 sites are ones that have been stuck in planning/development hell for a long time and are still slowly working their way to getting built. But Tesla will run out of those eventually.

Seeing that Santa Clarita is 150kw and Mojave is 120kw max I’m hopeful for at least 150kw. I’ll be ecstatic if it’s V3. V3 would be a good fit for the host property as well. Many of the Tesla’s in the AV are M3’s so hopefully they charge fast and take off. I’m just worried about people charging to 100% while eating dinner lol.

Another thing that may help is that we have not had local access to fast charging so many folks installed HPWC or Nema 14-50 at their homes and may just use this charger to top up if they are heading over the hill. Fingers crossed

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Seeing that Santa Clarita is 150kw and Mojave is 120kw max I’m hopeful for at least 150kw. I’ll be ecstatic if it’s V3. V3 would be a good fit for the host property as well. Many of the Tesla’s in the AV are M3’s so hopefully they charge fast and take off. I’m just worried about people charging to 100% while eating dinner lol.

Another thing that may help is that we have not had local access to fast charging so many folks installed HPWC or Nema 14-50 at their homes and may just use this charger to top up if they are heading over the hill. Fingers crossed
Mojave is 150kW as well.

I’m pretty sure Palmdale will either be Urban or V3 Superchargers and unfortunately I expect that they’ll be Urban based on the mall location. I would love to be surprised and see V3 units installed but I see that as a low probability.

Mojave is 150kW as well.

I’m pretty sure Palmdale will either be Urban or V3 Superchargers and unfortunately I expect that they’ll be Urban based on the mall location. I would love to be surprised and see V3 units installed but I see that as a low probability.

Can you explain “urban” I’m not sure what that means. I’ve seen 72kW to 250kW. Is urban the type that are in Santa Clarita and Mojave or the smaller 72kW chargers in some parts of LA?

I hope it is not an urban or destination charger like at hotels or underground parking lots. This out in the open I really think it will be the v2.0 if not the v3.0 SC. It makes no sense for them to install v2.0 SC and come back months later to upgrade it.

This is exactly where I need a supercharger. I live on-base at Edwards and I go to LA pretty often. Unfortunately, the super chargers in LA get really crowded anytime I’m on the road. I get it, people there rent and have no place to charge at night. But this will allow me to run to LA and quickly charge upon my return.

Yep. This is a good location Alexander! It'll also be good to get Bishop up and running...assuming we ever get snow at Mammoth this year!