Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palo Alto, CA @ HP building Tesla is renting (likely for private use, in permitting)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Credit goes to Tesmanian.com for helping me find this location

A temporary 12-stall Supercharger (not sure how temporary) is coming to the Hewlett Packard building Tesla was found to be renting. Permit says they will be built above ground and in concealed view. Not sure what that's supposed to mean but chances are they won't be public. Additional info on the site can be found at the link below.

Palo Alto.jpg

Article: Tesla to Lease 325,000 Square Feet of Space from Hewlett Packard in Palo Alto's Stanford Research Park

Credit goes to Tesmanian.com for helping me find this location

A temporary 12-stall Supercharger (not sure how temporary) is coming to the Hewlett Packard building Tesla was found to be renting. Permit says they will be built above ground and in concealed view. Not sure what that's supposed to mean but chances are they won't be public. Additional info on the site can be found at the link below.

View attachment 721229

Article: Tesla to Lease 325,000 Square Feet of Space from Hewlett Packard in Palo Alto's Stanford Research Park
If accurate, "fleet vehicle use only" would imply it's for test cars and not even for employee vehicles.

Part of me wonders if it's meaningful to track this location. I mean yes it's a Supercharger, but the chance of the average Telsa owner actually being able to use it is basically zero.

For precedent, we don't track the Superchargers that are a part of (some? most? all?) service centers, used for testing charging capabilties of vehicles being repaired.

Bruce.