Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Panama City Beach, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you get a chance, how about taking some photos of the parking situation so we can get a better idea of your concern.

By the way, the Tesla Charging Station permit has advanced from Plan Review to Issued.

Thanks for the recon.

Larry
Larry,
Unfortunately, I'm in St. Augustine and won't be back there for at least a couple of months, and my photo above on May 25th doesn't really show the parking. But basically if you look at the photo from the Busy Bee's twitter page (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENte_Y7XYAICGOC?format=jpg&name=900x900), this aerial picture shows the reverse side of the site during earlier construction but the only parking spaces that I saw that would be suitable for superchargers were off to either side of the building. The lower left side of that photo looks like it is going to have a dumpster and only about 3-4 parking spaces. The side where there are some poles or pipes on the far side of the Twitter photo seems to be most suitable for charging and contains roughly 8-10 side-by-side spaces. I'm assuming that this will be the supercharger location. There is a small access road at the back of the store and continues around those 8-10 spaces and then terminates at the intersection with Panama City Beach Pkwy (the 4 lane road at the top of that photo). There will surely be parking along the front of the building though when i was there, no parking space lines were marked on the ground. So, maybe it won't be a problem and will likely be similar to the WaWa locations which haven't been a problem for me in the past.

Larry,
Unfortunately, I'm in St. Augustine and won't be back there for at least a couple of months, and my photo above on May 25th doesn't really show the parking. But basically if you look at the photo from the Busy Bee's twitter page (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENte_Y7XYAICGOC?format=jpg&name=900x900), this aerial picture shows the reverse side of the site during earlier construction but the only parking spaces that I saw that would be suitable for superchargers were off to either side of the building. The lower left side of that photo looks like it is going to have a dumpster and only about 3-4 parking spaces. The side where there are some poles or pipes on the far side of the Twitter photo seems to be most suitable for charging and contains roughly 8-10 side-by-side spaces. I'm assuming that this will be the supercharger location. There is a small access road at the back of the store and continues around those 8-10 spaces and then terminates at the intersection with Panama City Beach Pkwy (the 4 lane road at the top of that photo). There will surely be parking along the front of the building though when i was there, no parking space lines were marked on the ground. So, maybe it won't be a problem and will likely be similar to the WaWa locations which haven't been a problem for me in the past.

I found a couple more photos off of St. Joe's website:

Capture3.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Reactions: mociaf9
I found a couple more photos off of St. Joe's website:
Thanks for all your efforts.

Here's a couple that I got from the parent company.

Busy Bee at Panama City Beach 1.jpg
Busy Bee at Panama City Beach 2.jpg

I've asked them for some photos that provide a better view of the parking situation.

We'll have to wait to see if they respond. They responded in less than 24 hours to my request for status photos.

Larry

Reactions: mociaf9 and Cgoral
Larry,

It's difficult to follow your description, but I believe that we are in agreement.

We can eliminate from consideration any parking spaces directly in front of the store and in front of the Chicken fingers restaurant. I seriously doubt that they would allow Tesla to have those prime locations nor would they tear up the freshly poured concrete.

We can eliminate any parking spaces that would limit egress or access to the gas pumps. There is no room for parking to the rear of the store and restaurant.

By the process of elimination that pretty much leaves the parking near the restaurant that is not directly adjacent to the restaurant.

Here are some images that illustrate my point.

Busy Bee at Panama City Beach 3 parking.jpg

The arrow above points to the other side of the restaurant parking that I think the Supercharger terminals may go.

Busy Bee at Panama City Beach 5 mark up.jpg

In the upper right of the above image, I've attempted to trace in red the outline of the parking lot where I think the Supercharger terminals may go.

It's a guess that I think agrees with your comments.

Larry

• Informative
It's difficult to follow your description, but I believe that we are in agreement.

We can eliminate from consideration any parking spaces directly in front of the store and in front of the Chicken fingers restaurant. I seriously doubt that they would allow Tesla to have those prime locations nor would they tear up the freshly poured concrete.

We can eliminate any parking spaces that would limit egress or access to the gas pumps. There is no room for parking to the rear of the store and restaurant.

By the process of elimination that pretty much leaves the parking near the restaurant that is not directly adjacent to the restaurant.

Here are some images that illustrate my point.

View attachment 556213

The arrow above points to the other side of the restaurant parking that I think the Supercharger terminals may go.

View attachment 556214

In the upper right of the above image, I've attempted to trace in red the outline of the parking lot where I think the Supercharger terminals may go.

It's a guess that I think agrees with your comments.

Larry
Yes, exactly. Sorry, I couldn't find a picture that showed it, but that is the area I had envisioned as well.

6DEB1234-8F12-4A94-A4F3-8BA87ABAC26C.jpeg
CB88288A-EDAE-4BF4-A587-8C97FCC6B5E2.jpeg
7B7FA4B5-F886-4425-8636-D7B3EF3BE5E0.jpeg
ADF77197-DBD7-4180-9AF4-F5AA32A18694.jpeg

These were taken this morning. There is no parking on the east side of the building due to the drive thru, fuel storage access, dumpsters and what looks like a building generator. No parking on the street side of the gas pumps. About a dozen or so spots in front of the store. On the west side of the store are painted parking spots. 6 right beside the store, and 9 more across from them. There is an unpainted and unmarked concrete pad on the south west corner of the property (the picture with the fork lift). It looks to be big enough for 8 spots, and seems like the most likely spot for the charging station, based on current painted markings and parking spots.

Excited to see the progress! Will be so awesome to have them on 98 and much closer than the Defuniak Springs super chargers... Will drive by this next week and see how much progress they've made...

Looks like the permitting for the actual store and gas station have now been closed out, so I assume that the store has opened or will be opening any day now. You probably won't see any activity for the supercharger, but I hope you do.
Capture.JPG

Drove by today, and as described a few posts earlier you can see where the Tesla Superchargers will be installed. You can see the electrical meter mounted on a 4x4 next to a transformer that I would guess is the electrical connection. 10 parking spaces in that section.

Cant wait until they install, and bonus - next to a Guthrie’s Chicken.

Attachments

• 0C30056A-7FE1-4F6F-9587-4CB2981B956D.jpeg
    0C30056A-7FE1-4F6F-9587-4CB2981B956D.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 46394E94-4162-4158-B11C-190F04EB535F.jpeg
    46394E94-4162-4158-B11C-190F04EB535F.jpeg
    640.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 27F716D2-372D-4593-987D-2F8630E80F3F.jpeg
    27F716D2-372D-4593-987D-2F8630E80F3F.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Drove by today, and as described a few posts earlier you can see where the Tesla Superchargers will be installed. You can see the electrical meter mounted on a 4x4 next to a transformer that I would guess is the electrical connection. 10 parking spaces in that section.

Cant wait until they install, and bonus - next to a Guthrie’s Chicken.
Thanks for the photos.
Since they haven't started installing the Supercharger, it's likely that the transformer is the service to the Busy Bee. After the Superchargers go in they will probably have another utility transformer to power the Supercharger Station with its own meter.

Larry

I was in the area and stopped by today, not really expecting to see any progress since interfx was just there on Friday. Out behind (northeast of) the store, there was a tractor trailer being unloaded by a forklift. What they had unloaded already was definitely NOT Supercharger site materials, but they had only begun. These could be going in behind the store, or they could have just been unloading back there.

Attachments

• 20200706_105057.jpg
    20200706_105057.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 95
I was in the area and stopped by today, not really expecting to see any progress since interfx was just there on Friday. Out behind (northeast of) the store, there was a tractor trailer being unloaded by a forklift. What they had unloaded already was definitely NOT Supercharger site materials, but they had only begun. These could be going in behind the store, or they could have just been unloading back there.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the photo.
It's true that there is room in the back to install the Supercharger equipment in the grassy areas, but I think that they would want to keep that access road clear and not place any parking spots there. However, it looks to me that there is not sufficient parking for the Chicken restaurant, especially if the patrons are competing for spots occupied by Teslas charging. So, this is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisC